cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pair three Dropbox accounts (one personal and two Business)?

Can I pair three Dropbox accounts (one personal and two Business)?

Emby_9
Explorer | Level 4

I have one personal account and am linked to company X. Now I want to connect to another company Y : how do I do that? Can I link and then switch between 3 accounts? They are both clients and I need to switch fast and frequently between these accounts...

7 Replies 7

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Emby_9, thanks for posting your question on the forum.

At the moment, there’s no way to link all three Dropbox accounts I’m afraid (it’s only possible to connect one personal and one Business account). 

What’s the Dropbox platform you're most frequently using though? If it’s the Dropbox website for example, you can keep your two Dropbox accounts linked as they are now, and open the third one on a different browser instead, so that you can easily access it this way.

If it's the desktop app instead, then you'd most likely need to create a new user profile instead and sync the third Dropbox account there.

Let me know if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Emby_9
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Nancy,

With a new user profile you mean set up a new personal account with another email adress f.ex?

Thanks for yor help

V

(This feature would be something to add to the "DroppBox wishlist" as I can imagine I'm not the only creative that works for different clients on the Droppbox platform...   )

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Emby_9 -  sorry to jump in here, but your query kinda echoes this idea. Could you have a look and let us know if that's the case?

You can also add your vote and comments there as well, if you like.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II

@Emby_9 wrote:

With a new user profile you mean set up a new personal account with another email adress f.ex?

She means to create another computer user (in Windows or macOS) and install Dropbox separately under that user for the third Dropbox account. You would access your two linked accounts under one computer user, and the third under another.

Emby_9
Explorer | Level 4

exactly that. You've got my vote!

Emby_9
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Rich, 
Thanks but in that case Nancy's work around does not sound like a solution at all... 😞 dissapointed... 

TonyEnglund
Collaborator | Level 9

@Emby_9 , the workaround i usually do is to use the open source client Maestral for the second business account. That way you can have two separate Dropbox'es syncing to the same computer, but with some limitations like "smart sync" not working in Maestral.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TonyEnglund Collaborator | Level 9
    Emby_9 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?