cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the sender name when sending over a signature request?

Can I change the sender name when sending over a signature request?

xyz2023
Explorer | Level 3

When I send documents to get e-signed, the recipients get an email that shows the sender name as just my first name, with all lower case letters.  How do I change this? (It's my work account, so looks really unprofessional!).  I've gone into settings and there it lists my full name, with proper capitalizations. 

23 Replies 23

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

At the moment, you can send a signature request either via your standalone Dropbox Sign account or via your Dropbox account (or www.dropbox.com), by going to your Signatures page here (you can also check this page for more info).

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

I'm referring to the Signatures within Dropbox. It doesn't show my name.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @netsquire,  you can customize the basic profile settings of your account on the Dropbox Sign Profile page.

Click your initials at the top right corner of your screen.
Then click on Settings
Go to your Profile Tab.
Edit the name.
When you're done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.

Can you give it a go, and let me know if you come across any problems? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

andrewkol
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan, 
I am using the signature feature through my Dropbox account. The solution above seems to only be applicable if you have a standalone Dropbox Signature account. I tried creating a Dropbox Signature account using 'sign in with Dropbox', and that worked, however it does not seem to be linked to the Signatures interface that already exists in my Dropbox account, so again the above solution does not apply. 

How can I ensure that documents sent out from the Signatures interface in my Dropbox account have my full name, rather than just my first name in lowercase? 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @andrewkol, hope it’s OK to jump in. 

I tested this on Dropbox directly (not Dropbox Sign) and the signature request shows my full name (meaning the account’s username shown here).

Can you send me a screenshot of how the request appears after being sent perhaps, so that I can have a look and make sure I haven't missed anything? Feel free to hide any details you don’t want us to see.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

This was fixed sometime between May and July. We now use Dropbox Sign and have switched from Adobe Sign. Thanks.

andrewkol
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks for this.

My Dropbox account settings shows my full name.

But when I sent something for signature, the email that appeared only had my first name in lowercase.

I can also see that when I sign into hellosign.com using 'Sign in with dropbox',  the account now accurately reflects the documents I've sent out for signature using the 'signatures' feature on dropbox.com. When I go to Settings > Profile, my full name is shown and there's no field that has my first name only in lowercase. 

Thanks!

Andrew

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @andrewkol, thanks for the info. I'd recommend contacting the support team directly to look into this matter in more detail on their end.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

andrewkol
Explorer | Level 3

For anyone else looking for a solution to this, there is no current solution to his issue, as advised by the support team --

As I can see from the screenshots the name that is appearing on the Signature request is taken from your email directly.  As your email address is andrew@*****, it is seeing that your name as 'andrew', and this is how it is presenting it on the signature requests.

Unfortunately at this time there is no way that you can manually choose what name is shown on the signature request.

We're always looking for ways to improve Dropbox. We regularly release new versions of our products with better performance, additional features, and security enhancements.

As this is a feature that is not yet in use on Dropbox, I will send this as a feature request feedback to our team at Dropbox.

The best way to have your idea reviewed by our development team is to visit our Share an Idea board. This board allows you to post new ideas or add your vote to existing ideas from other users. Share your ideas here.

We appreciate your contributions and bringing this to our attention

Thank you for using Dropbox, and have a great day!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey again, @andrewkol! One more thing I’d like to clarify; if you go to your Dropbox Sign account here, do you see your full name capitalized? Feel free to send me a screenshot of what you see, too. 

I’d like to gather as much info as possible and log your feedback with our team, based on what you see.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    andrewkol Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?