cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get a list of all files on my Dropbox account?

Any way to get a list of all files on my Dropbox account?

Satish L.
New member | Level 1

Hi, Is there a way to print the entire list of folders and files within my Dropbox account? Thanks.

24 Replies 24

New D.
Explorer | Level 4

I echo this need - but obviously dropbox is either not listening or ignoring us....

Charles S.18
New member | Level 2

I agree.  Dropbox has more important things on their mind.  Even if they do not intend to address the problem, a responsible outfit would address our concerns/needs and at least offer some reassurance.  Being ignored is not the heighth of customer service, but it seems to be part of a whole new world.  Remember Atari and Wordperfect.  Sad.

Paul C.68
New member | Level 2

This would be a nice feature, even if it came out as a report you had to request like the activity report.

Daniel W.3
New member | Level 1

Just to add my voice, this would be a really useful feature, and am surprised it's not already do-able.

Ashley M.17
New member | Level 1

i couldn't find a way to do it on dropbox, but on Mac its really easy (and the files are on your computer already so no big deal):

as per google:

Save a List of Files from Finder
  1. Open the folder you want to get a content listing of and hit Command+A (Select All) followed by Command+C (Copy)
  2. Now launch TextEdit and pull down the “Edit” menu and select “Paste and Match Style”, or hit Command+Option+Shift+V.
  3. Save the directory listing as either a .txt or .rtf.

Tom L.27
New member | Level 1

Ability to print directory listing of Dropbox folders is a definitely needed feature.

Lawrence L.3
New member | Level 1

With regrets, I must continue to tell my (attorney and physician) clients that dropbox files will not be accepted.  A major reason is the lack of some needed features - particularly the ability to print lists of docs and sub docs et al.  I am also unable to drag and drop files from dropbox into other files (such as a thumb drive or CD) so they can be taken to testimony scenarios and to client meetings.  Shame - the idea is good - only poorly executed.

judithscanlon
New member | Level 2

I found a useful workaround - Click the Data menu in Excel and click the drop-down arrow on the New Query button, then on the submenu select From File>Folder. Browse to your folder and click ok a couple times and the list is pasted to your spreadsheet.
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8u3oButYvQ 

Pratik T.
New member | Level 2

+1 for this feature

cayte
New member | Level 2

+2 for this feature!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lawrence L.3 New member | Level 1