cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: List of Files

Any way to get a list of all files on my Dropbox account?

Satish L.
New member | Level 1

Hi, Is there a way to print the entire list of folders and files within my Dropbox account? Thanks.

24 Replies 24

devilsinkpot
Helpful | Level 5

+1 as long as Dropbox Smart Sync is only available to Business Teams and not to individuals.

ATMeyer
Helpful | Level 5

Oh yes, please provide this feature I needed it a year ago and still need it!

ATMeyer
Helpful | Level 5

SOLUTION with Excel 2016 and the Desktop Version of DropBox

1. Open a blank Excel document
  2. Select Data
    • Select Get Data
    • Select From File
    • Select From Folder
      • Paste your folder link or search for your folder
      • Press OK
  3. When Data Appears
    • Select Edit
    • Delete the first column (I find it not useful)
    • Go to Attributes column and select the arrows to the right of the column name.
    • Un-select (Select All Columns)
    • Select the box next to Size
    • Press OK
  4. On top menu press Close & Load
  5. Your list of file folders should now be visible in your excel document.

I hope you find this useful!

tixrus
New member | Level 2

Come on Drop box!       This is not hard!   I won't upgrade to pro unless you do.

Floris K.1
Explorer | Level 4

ATMeyer, advising people to use the Data From Folder command can lead to disastrous results in terms of stability and crashes. This command is intended to load the data in all files in the selected folder. It doesn't matter if you unselect the first column "Content": Excel at least performs an analysis of the files. At best, this process will fail with any realistic Dropbox folder size; Excel might crash; but at worst, the entire system might crash when attempting to list the entire Dropbox folder contents this way. It's like making a list of all books in a library by asking someone to read them all.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?