cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEAMs account disabled

TEAMs account disabled

anatolii belikov
New member | Level 2

Hey there,

My business's Dropbox TEAMs account was blocked last Friday without notifications, explanations or anything.
All my employees have lost access to their Dropbox accounts as well.

My business account is linked to [removed per the Community's Guidelines]
I was able to open the ticket but since then your support team has been ignoring me. I was writing you by email, on twitter, on Instagram

- everywhere. Nothing.

And this is completely inappropriate.
Because of these actions - my business was hurt and I'm losing money and time, every minute.

And I don't understand why it's happening (we didn't breach ToS agreement) and why my business account can't get proper support for the money that I pay and stuff get fixed.
This is unresponsible from Dropbox's side.

The ticket number that I got is #22852085

18 Replies 18

karianthonyceo
Explorer | Level 4

I have 1 person who is checking later to see if they can still access the account.  However, is there a way to find out who would've had access?  I think I have been hacked.... and since this is TIME sensitive.... there has to be a way since I am the one PAYING for the account and always have been I am concerned my financial information is accessible and my CONTENT is being accessed.  

karianthonyceo
Explorer | Level 4

also is there a way to actually SPEAK to someone?  This back and forth is really frustrating!  I pay for the premium business account but since I got removed from my own team I can't access it because everything says to LOGIN!

karianthonyceo
Explorer | Level 4

None of the dropbox links work, so it appears the entire account has been deactivated.  I did receive an email saying I was out of storage and to remove files or upgrade storage.  Could THAT be what is happening?  Because you are going to permanently delete everything in 5 days it is important to figure this out ASAP!  Can you find the account through my credit card I use to pay for the account?  Please help...  This is affecting my business severely!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @karianthonyceo. Going over-quota and being asked to upgrade your Dropbox account wouldn’t affect your access to it, or result in the team being deleted. 

From the screenshot you uploaded previously, it does look like another admin removed you from the team. 

However, since this is time-sensitive indeed, I’d definitely suggest getting in touch with our support team. Here are the steps to do this. Please don’t forget to send me your ticket number here and I’ll leave an internal note to our team on your behalf.

Let me know if you have any trouble along the way.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

karianthonyceo
Explorer | Level 4

Ticket #23293123 

The possibility is that an old employee was able to signin and was made administrator, then removing ME (*the account holder, company owner and paying party) from the TEAM.  I have proof of transaction prior emails associated with the account as well as documents that verify I am the rightful owner of the account.  I am not certain this is the case, as the other option is that I have been hacked.  EITHER WAY, I can prove the account removed me wrongfully and would like access to remove EVERYONE, reset the settings and have access to my documents and files.  

The ticket number has been listed at the beginning of this email.  

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, @karianthonyceo! I was able to find your ticket in our system, and I’ve also left an internal note for the agent who handles your case. They’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kanthony
Explorer | Level 3

I am being led in circles, and with there only being a few days before you say my account will be COMPLETELY deleted.... I am sick to my stomach stressed about this.  HIGHLY unsatisfied with the lack of communication, waiting DAYS and still no resolve.  I should be able to PROVE that this has been my account, my content and me paying for the billing on the account and access it to solve the problem.  However, because I get general responses in email and sent on wild goose chases on this community board, I have no faith that this will get resolved at all.  This is a HUGE devastation to my business, and the fact that I can't even REMOVE my credit card information on an account that has been hijacked from me, concerns me.  

Mark
Super User II

@anatolii belikov and @Kanthony  - you are posting from two accounts I notice. I'm clutching at straws here but any chance when you are looking for files etc. its on the wrong one by accident?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kanthony
Explorer | Level 3

No, it made me create an account from my mobile device and one from my computer.  I have been monitoring every response as I am running out of time.  That is the only reason I have 2 usernames.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kanthony Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    karianthonyceo Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?