cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Access

No access to linked email address

mc37
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I have not access dropbox for a few years and I am paying them. I have no access to that email address I used to set up and they send me a token. Can you advise how I can access my account without access to that email?

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II

@mc37 wrote:

I have no access to that email address I used to set up and they send me a token. Can you advise how I can access my account without access to that email?

You can try contacting Support but most often, if you're being sent a one-time security code and you no longer have access to the email address, you won't be able to access the Dropbox account.

If Support won't give you access, they will at least cancel any future billing. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

mc37
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you for this.it is ridiculos. I don't want to cancel my sub until u see my account but I can see my account. Support sent me email saying LOG INTO ACCOUNT AND ASK QUESTION.
di you have any further suggestions..do they have a telephone number?

Rich
Super User II

@mc37 wrote:
I don't want to cancel my sub until u see my account but I can see my account.

The best option you have to gain access to the account is to gain access to the old email address. Contact the email provider and see if they can recreate the address for you, even if it's just temporary so you can receive the one-time security code.

Other than that, you'll need to open a ticket using the steps I replied with previously. Make sure you're NOT signed in to any Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll be able to open a ticket if you follow all the prompts.

mc37
Explorer | Level 3
I know my friend I read it. BUT I DONT WANT TO CANCEL..I just want to bloody access it. Its not possible to contact SP and is email domain no longer exists.
It's a joke no. So paid $250 over two years and nevern sed it and now I can't get access to determine if to cancel or not..pulling my hair out.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mc37, sorry to jump in, but if you end up getting in touch with our support team for further assistance, you can let us know your ticket ID here so that we can look it up in our system if needed as well. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mc37
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you.. but I can't get a support ticket because i cant log in. I set up another non paying account and i trying asking support about not getting access to my paid account but the response was contact the community. How the he'll can i contact support legitimately from my account. Its absolutely reduculous

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @mc37

You can still log a ticket with our support team, even if you're not signed in to a Dropbox account. Here's how: 

Make sure that you are NOT signed in to ANY Dropbox account in your internet browser.
Go to this page https://www.dropbox.com/support/sign-in-issues, and select an “issue type”.
Enter your information, make sure that you enter an email address that you currently have access to, and submit it.
You will then receive a confirmation email that will have a ticket number. 

Please send us your ticket number here afterwards.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mc37
Explorer | Level 3

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

THEY ARE USELESS..I HAVE THIS TICKET NUMBER FROM A FEW MONTHS AGO

Ticket  22392233

I answered there security questions BUT no response and still no response when I tried to get a new ticket number a few days ago . so I have used an older one..SO FAR 3 MONTHS AND NO RESPONSE!!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mc37, I can see in that ticket it referenced an older ticket from February, where an agent messaged you back then, but received no reply, and it has since been closed.

I have forwarded your new ticket to the appropriate team for them to investigate further on this matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?