cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I need assistance with accessing and managing my team account

I need assistance with accessing and managing my team account

Derek Vincent Smith
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I am trying to get my music organization/band to use dropbox more efficiently & effectively.  I have an enterprise plan but it doesn't seem like there is anywhere in the user interface for me to create or manage teams.  I wanted to add phone support so I could call dropbox but i don't even see that option in my Settings console.  How can i talk to someone who can help me figure this out?  I'm talking to chatGPT but none of the directions i'm getting are accurately reflected in my user interface options.  I have had a personal account for a long time that has 5TB of storage, and then recently this year i upgraded to a TEAMs account through Rekordbox (DJ software) which gives me and additional 10.5TB of storage, and i attempted to merge the accounts.  It seems tho, that my admin options are only reflecting my personal account and not my Teams/Enterprise account. I'm running in circles on the website and need assistance.  Thank you in advance for any help or direction.

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@Derek Vincent Smith wrote:

I have an enterprise plan but it doesn't seem like there is anywhere in the user interface for me to create or manage teams.

Do you see a link to the Admin Console in the left navigation?

44e5b205b822d2ffb6f379de1d71b65a.png

I wanted to add phone support so I could call dropbox but i don't even see that option in my Settings console.

Phone support is handled via a callback. There is no incoming phone support. You can access phone support by clicking Help within the Admin Console.

b0c70a43679533a1362a7f5b1f16b927.png

5bb07ea75608c2b94ae208bb234925ba.png

It seems tho, that my admin options are only reflecting my personal account and not my Teams/Enterprise account.

Are you certain that you're signed in using the correct email address for the Enterprise account?

Derek Vincent Smith
Explorer | Level 3

I do not see Admin Console , but my plan tab says Enterprise

Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 4.14.13 PM.png

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Derek Vincent Smith! If you’re not seeing an Admin Console on the left side of your screen, it means that you don’t have admin rights on this Dropbox team. 

What you can do though is ask your admin(s) to grant you with admin privileges instead.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Derek Vincent Smith
Explorer | Level 3

hi Nancy, i am the only one using the account.  I am the admin and the business owner, there is no other admin for me to request access from. 

Derek Vincent Smith
Explorer | Level 3

i could really use a call from support or someone to talk to.  something weird is going on and i am not able to access the features that i pay for and i've been trying for weeks to fix the situation.  [removed per Community Guidelines]

i signed up for dropbox enterprise through Rekordbox.  so in order to get a rekordbox professional plan, i had to upgrade my dropbox account and merge it with my original dropbox account.  is it possible that the admins on the enterprise account are Rekordbox admins? 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Derek Vincent Smith, can you go to this page and let me know what you see exactly? This is to confirm that you’re the only one who’s part of this team, in which case you should be an admin indeed.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?