cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm stuck in locked state - how can I get my files back?

I'm stuck in locked state - how can I get my files back?

StaciS
Explorer | Level 3

My account is in a locked state and all of my personal files have been deleted. I have files from my wedding, mother's life and passing, and documents for my work! I am a teach and do not use the files o9ver the summer. I went to log in today for the first time and I am locked. I can not even go in to pay and find a number to call. I can't do anything to move forward. I am in a complete panic because all of my pictures from my mother's life are in there and it is all that I have left. PLEASE someone help. 

I will do anything to get these files back. I just need to speak with someone. I can't even get in to pay to upgrade.

9 Replies 9

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @StaciS, sorry to hear about this.

Can you please clarify if you're currently stuck in locked state or if the account has actually been deleted?

Were you a team admin on the Dropbox team or team member?

And is the account in question the one you're contacting us from or does this concern a different account?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

StaciS
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah,

So every time I try to login in the message "your account is locked, contact your site admin", the issue is it is my personal account. I would assume that I am the site admin. I can not even login in or purchase anything to try and contact someone for help.

This is not the account I am trying to unlock. The account I am trying to unlock will not even let me try to purchase because of the "site admin". This issue is I am the site admin because it is my personal. When I use the app it just says an error occurred. 

Would you like the email associated with the account?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the clarification, Staci.

If you're able to sign in to that account, can you do so (no need to access your files, just sign in) and create a Community profile and reply to this thread from that account, please?

A screenshot of what you see upon signing in, would also be really helpful, if you can send us one.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

StaciS
Explorer | Level 3

Now it is saying my account is deleted. Please re-register with a new account or wait 5 days to re-register with your current email

Rich
Super User II

@StaciS wrote:

Now it is saying my account is deleted. Please re-register with a new account or wait 5 days to re-register with your current email

This really sounds like you were a member of another Business team account.

Did anyone invite you to share files or join their team? I'm thinking that your account was a member of someone else's Business team account and that they removed you from the team.

StaciS
Explorer | Level 3

The account I am inquiring about was not a part of my business account. I have a separate dropbox that is a apart of a business account, but they are not linked. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me too, @StaciS. As we don’t have any account visibility on the forum, I’d definitely recommend getting in touch with our support team (just in case they can find out something more on their end). 

To do this, you’ll need to follow these exacts steps (please send me your ticket number here afterwards).

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

StaciS
Explorer | Level 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that, @StaciS! I found your ticket and I’ve left our team an internal note, too. They’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    StaciS Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?