cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Has dropbox login flow changed recently?

Has dropbox login flow changed recently?

syedmaz
Explorer | Level 3

Can someone please shed some light on this:

1. Has Dropbox Business web login i.e. https://www.dropbox.com/login flow has changed *recently* from one page (i.e. email&password fields on same page) to two page (email on first page > Continue button > and password on second page) Or has it always been like that?
2. Is the username and password fields are contained in a dynamic section like an Iframe?
3. Have you recently changed CSS selector id value for email (on https://www.dropbox.com/login) From static To dynamic, as progressive_susi_emailxxxxxx value is not static it does not allow SWA integration to work. See attached screenshot, showing progressive_susi_emailxxx keeps on changing.

Okta SWA authentication flow has recently stopped working with Dropbox Business account, so I am wondering if Dropbox login flow/id fields have changed recently?

https://support.okta.com/help/s/article/How-to-create-a-custom-SWA-application-if-the-AIW-does-not-w...

Kind Regards,
Syed

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @syedmaz, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

I'm not aware of any recent changes on the login flow, but let me check with the team and we'll get back to you. 

If you could share some additional information like how this is affecting you and/or  screenshots would be much appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

syedmaz
Explorer | Level 3
Okta has SWA (Secure Web authentication) template , consider it similar to saved login and password in Chrome so end user don't have to manually type, so in order to manage that from Okta SWA login process , it requires to map CSS ID for email, continue button and password fields and these fields must be static. See screenshot with initial post.

However I noticed that dropbox is using dynamic CSS selectors for realed IDs during login process, therefore Okta SWA cant retain the field mappings and so the authentication flow does not work.

As far as I know this setup was working until something changed recently on Dropbox side

That leads to my initial three questions in first post.

Hope this explains.
Many thanks in Advance

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the patience while I was looking into this internally @syedmaz 

Here's what I found: The login flow has indeed changed recently to multi-step authentication for all users. From the documentation, Okta SWA does not support multi-step authentication, so it will not work with the new Dropbox login UX.

I hope this information helps!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

syedmaz
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you for updating us.

Okta SWA does support multiple step ( two page login process 1 for ID and 2nd page for password) but only with static CSS selectors.

Can you please confirm if recent Dropbox change has changed login and password CSS Selector fields from static to dynamic as we've mnetioned that earlier in this post ? This can be observed via right click on page in Google Chrome > inspect.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

CSS selectors were changed but not from static to dynamic @syedmaz. The lower-level inputs were always dynamic but their container has a static name selector.

I hope this clarifies!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

syedmaz
Explorer | Level 3
Can you please give example of login field CSS selectors before and after the change, so I can correlate them with OKta side SWA requirement. So I can establish how it was working before and why can't now.

Many thanks

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @syedmaz 

Thanks for standing by while I tracked down an answer for you. We can't provide the CSS selectors as they are subject to frequent change. Per their own documentation, Okta SWA does not support multi-step authentication.

While running this by my team, they suggested using SAML to support multi-step authentication. I hope this suggestion is useful!

Regards,

Ben

Need more support?