cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a previously upgraded account keep its upgrade after being removed from a team account?

Does a previously upgraded account keep its upgrade after being removed from a team account?

Kingeorge
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,
A query; I accidentally added using Dropbox teams to the team an account that I did not want, I proceeded to unlink it with the option to convert it into a personal account.
My question is: this account was personal with a paid license before being added to the team, with the option chosen to unlink it keeps its paid license?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Kingeorge wrote:
My question is: this account was personal with a paid license before being added to the team, with the option chosen to unlink it keeps its paid license?

No. As soon as the account was joined to the team, the owner of the account would have received a prorated refund for the time remaining on their subscription. After being converted back to a personal account, they would need to subscribe again.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?