cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copyright issues on dropbox's end means disabling of my account on my end?

Copyright issues on dropbox's end means disabling of my account on my end?

Mesty
Explorer | Level 3

Personally, I never read anything that said that dropbox didn't know how to allow a user to allow access to files or not.  Meaning, anywhere else on the internet I go, I can expect that at the very least, I can choose WHEN someone sees a file and not just IF.  With a name such as "dropbox", I figured they had this easily figured out. 

Now I find they are punishing me for them not being up front about the lack of quality of their service? 

I mean, I have hospital bills because of this- I can prove it. 

And medications, and therapy, and emotional distress, time wasted, etc. 

I can prove my time is as valuable as anything really. 

I am miffed.  Can someone tell me what is going on?  I got the premium teams add on for a month but I don't even know how to use their extended support services. 

Thank you!

Mesty

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

You havent said what issues you are having or what the problem is @Mesty - nobody can help without that.

In terms of support if you havent paid and are on a trial your options are very limited. The support channels are for paying users: www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mesty
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your service mark, but I said “Meaning, anywhere else I go at that price point I can choose WHEN instead of just IF” and “copyright issues on DROPBOXs end” explains the issue as such: Dropbox does not allow me to take away content I shared from being used by ex-business partners (download files are shown also) so there are plenty of copyright issues.
Now, as stated, I am a Public Domain artist, unless I give PERMISSION to someone to copyright it as theirs. But he no longer has MY permission. You see the problem and mental anguish dilemma now?

Mark
Super User II

Sorry, your post still hardly makes any sense. 

If you are having copyright issues file a DCMA request via https://help.dropbox.com/account-settings/copyright-policy

However, for anything more than them deleting the shared link to the file you need to speak to an Attorney as thats outside of Dropbox jurisdiction. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mesty
Explorer | Level 3

So it doesn’t make sense that I expect to have full control over if AND when my business partners are allowed to view files? And to see if those files were downloaded at least? And that since I didn’t know how their permissions model is scandalously scammy before hand that any legal costs will certainly come from their deeper pockets? Is this a learning issue or comprehension? Because I couldn’t have been more clear in my reply.

Mesty
Explorer | Level 3

I mean, I happen to be a lawyer myself. And I can figure out why my complaint (that was easy to follow, esp the reply) would not be seen or even attempted to be fixed by anyone out there, seeing as I am also new here.
(And how that would bring about its own litany of violations.)

except for you? How do I know whether you work for Dropbox? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Mesty, if you want to remove content from Dropbox, you can file a DMCA complaint using this link. More info can be found here.

Any further questions regarding this matter would need to be directed to the team in question when submitting your DMCA complaint.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Mesty Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?