cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we check if a video on our Business team has been posted on another website?

Can we check if a video on our Business team has been posted on another website?

FF2183
New member | Level 2

My team is going to have access to sensitive information and we need to keep track of it. I notice in the admin console it has an external domains section. Does this mean that say if I video is uploaded for editing, then if someone takes that video and posts it on a website somewhere that Dropbox is able to tell who and where posted it? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Oh apologies for misreading that! This particular section shows what email domains your team members share files with, outside of your Business team. That doesn't include third-party websites though, just email domains, like @ em-s.dropbox.com for example.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @FF2183, and welcome aboard the Community!

From what I understand, you’re referring to the External Sharing tab under Security on the Admin Console, correct? 

If yes, then this is for checking whether there are files/folders that have been shared with users that don’t belong to your Business team. 

In general, to monitor your team’s sharing activity, you can follow the steps outlined here.

In any case though, I’m afraid it’s not possible to achieve exactly what you described in your message. 

If there’s something else you’d like to ask, give me a nudge.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

FF2183
New member | Level 2
No its this section insights on the admin console. It says external domains. It makes it seem like if something from Dropbox gets used on other websites then it gets flagged in Dropbox.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Oh apologies for misreading that! This particular section shows what email domains your team members share files with, outside of your Business team. That doesn't include third-party websites though, just email domains, like @ em-s.dropbox.com for example.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    FF2183 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?