cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apr 20 2024 Team Folder / Personal Folder Update is affecting my workflow

Apr 20 2024 Team Folder / Personal Folder Update is affecting my workflow

PFSE
Helpful | Level 6

RE

https://help.dropbox.com/plans/upcoming-business-team-changes#beforechecklist

This has created a HUGE NIGHTMARE!!!

Have called into support and created several tickets to this but doesn't seem there's any urgency or response from the 'escalation team'

1. As an ADMIN I cannot see or manage ALL of the folders and files in our Dropbox account because of the Team and Personal Folders - So now I can't see what data is being duplicated and increasing our storage. 

2. As an ADMIN I cannot move data from a Team Folder. Also cannot COPY data out of a Team Folder, can only move or copy into another Team Folder

3. Paths and mappings have been ruined to our local data and Synology NAS devices using Cloud Sync. - Now this requires us choking our bandwidth for days/weeks so that we can restore our local data. 

8 Replies 8

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @PFSE, thanks for messaging the Community.

We appreciate your feedback regarding this matter. Do you have the ticket ID from when you contacted the support team?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

PFSE
Helpful | Level 6

Ticket #23689119

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for this, @PFSE. I’ve left an internal note to our team on your behalf, and from what I can see, they’ve already replied back to you. Please check their reply, when you get the chance.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

PFSE
Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately, that's not working. I cannot copy or move folders and files out of a Team Folder to another folder

PFSE
Helpful | Level 6

Any update on this? I haven't heard back from support yet.

Unfortunately, we're dead in the water since ALL of the files in our TEAM FOLDERS cannot be accesed by the Synology NAS and are no longer syncing.

I can't MOVE or COPY from Team Folders into another folder that can be sync'd

Jay
Dropbox Staff

As you're already contacting the team via email, we wouldn't be able to provide any additional or new information via the Community, since the support team need to investigate it in more detail.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

vjurjen
Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately, same problem over here. Also using Cloudsync on my Synology and reading through the Cloudsync logs, it started to ran into errors from the moment Dropbox did their update. Contacted DB support team, but there's no help since this concerns a third-party problem. We are also preparing for a 3-4 week re-uploading because of this 😞

PFSE
Helpful | Level 6

We already lost data after they last minute dropped the unlimited plan. Now with this, we're just looking at replacements for Dropbox

Need more support?