cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my account downgraded?

Why was my account downgraded?

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

I need urgent assistance.

On 13 July I received an email informing me that my subscription had been downgraded to Basic.  My subscription is paid through Apple. It has always been up to date.  The billing cycle is on the 19th of each month. No payment has been missed and the next payment was not due until 19 July.  Despite this, the subscription was downgraded.  I raised the issue with three support requests.  Each one has been ignored. My subscription for 19 July has now been paid (as it always has been, by Apple) but I am still on Basic.

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

14 Replies 14

olamorstad
New member | Level 2

I had exactly the same problem, and was degraded even if the payment went through via Apple.

Following the steps and restoring the purchase in the Dropbox mobile app solved the problem for me.

Thanks!

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Olamorstad,

Thank you for taking the trouble to post.  This solution through the mobile app worked for me, thankfully.  But I think that you will agree that our accounts should never have been downgraded in the first place.  My subscription was always current - there was never a legitimate basis to downgrade to Basic!

Regards,

Hugh

olamorstad
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I agree, absolutely! 

And when you get downgraded, you dont have access to the e-mail and telephone support anymore so it was frustrating.

Luckily, I found your post where I could find a solution to the problem..

stenerik
Explorer | Level 3

Subject says it all! My payment is showing as current through the Apple store, yet I was downgraded to the basic plan. I can't find any way to directly contact Dropbox support for a billing concern. Any ideas?

Rich
Super User II

@stenerik wrote:

I can't find any way to directly contact Dropbox support for a billing concern.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    stenerik Explorer | Level 3
    olamorstad New member | Level 2
    haburch Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?