cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why was my account downgraded?

Why was my account downgraded?

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

I need urgent assistance.

On 13 July I received an email informing me that my subscription had been downgraded to Basic.  My subscription is paid through Apple. It has always been up to date.  The billing cycle is on the 19th of each month. No payment has been missed and the next payment was not due until 19 July.  Despite this, the subscription was downgraded.  I raised the issue with three support requests.  Each one has been ignored. My subscription for 19 July has now been paid (as it always has been, by Apple) but I am still on Basic.

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

14 Replies 14

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @haburch, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you able to see the successful invoices and receipts for the recent payments on this page?

Have you been in contact with Apple regarding this matter? What support ticket IDs do you have logged with Dropbox in order to locate them on the system?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

The support ticket is #22433471.

I cannot see any payments or receipts on the link that you sent me.

There is no problem with Apple - they have been debiting my credit card monthly.  I can see the money coming out each month, both on my Apple subscription account and my credit card statement.  As I said, the last payment was yesterday.  The Dropbox account has always been up to date.  But I was downgraded on 13 July when my subscription was not even due until the 19th!

Please assist me, this is incredibly frustrating.

Regards,

Hugh [removed]

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Did you receive my reply to your message?

I have not heard from you since I responded.

Regards,

Hugh [removed]

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @haburch, sorry to jump in here! 

Keep in mind that the ticket you sent us, was back from April, and has now been closed. Is it possible that you had two accounts, with two different plans, and charges each? 

Also, for Apple, you should be able to view your invoice directly from the App Store following the instructions outlined in this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

Megan
dropbox.com/support

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan,

I have only ever had ONE Dropbox account.  I can see from my Apple account that my Dropbox subscription has been paid EVERY month by Apple. I have therefore been current as a subscriber without interruption.  I need my account upgraded desperately for business purposes. I don't understand why, if I have paid, why I have been downgraded?  I have been a Dropbox customer for years!

Regards,

Hugh [removed]

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan,

Essentially, this is a simple issue. For years I have been paying my subscription, but my Dropbox has been downgraded for no reason. My last monthly subscription was paid only two days ago. I need to go back to the subscription that I have always had. There was no basis for downgrading me as a fully paid customer.  Can someone PLEASE take action to restore my subscription?  I have tried to upgrade, but the system will not allow this (presumably because my subscription is paid through Apple).

Regards,

Hugh [removed]

Jay
Dropbox Staff

If the subscription has been downgraded, for whatever reason, we wouldn't hold any of the previous payment details, so you'd need to re-upgrade via the site or mobile app to the plan you want.

If you're getting an error when upgrading, please let us know the exact error message you're getting.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

haburch
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your response.  Please read my previous messages/posts.

When I try to upgrade, I get the message "Something went wrong. Please refresh or contact customer support".

Regards,

Hugh Burchill

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Are you able to restore the purchases using these steps in the Dropbox mobile app?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?