cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do new Business customers get a lower pricing?

Why do new Business customers get a lower pricing?

write2nirav
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

I am dropbox user for over 4 years now, I am using Standard plan for my 4 member team where I am being charged $720 annually for 5 TB space. Where as the same plan under new business plan is available for $576 for 4 users with 12 TB shared storage. 

When contacted with the sales team I was told that this is only for new customers and not old ones, which means you dont care for old customers who are religiously being with you and you want only new ones at lower price. 

This is truly an disparity and inequality behaviour which I believe should be addressed by some senior member in the business team.

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @write2nirav, and welcome to our forum. 

I had a look in our system and I can see our team is already handling your request. 

I’ve left them an internal note as well, so that they may reply back to your last message as soon as possible. 

For anything else, feel free to give me a nudge.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

write2nirav
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Nancy,

Yes they do have upgraded my plan to the business but I am still charged the old price of $180 per user as against that of $144 for the new user. 

If this is the disparity I might as well register for a new account and continue with that. Why am I subjected to pay the premium being an old customer.  I do not see the reason to pay this additional unreasonable charge.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional information @write2nirav 

I can see that the expert who's looking into your case has responded to your ticket, so I'd recommend getting back to them for further assistance on this as they'd be better equipped to help further at this point. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

write2nirav
Explorer | Level 3

They are simply wasting time or thinking that we customers are foolish. The pricing is clearly mentioned on the website at $12 / user / month and they are telling me that its already a reduced pricing. I dont understand that are they so innocent and unaware or they think we customers are fools.

write2nirav_0-1717146619281.png

https://www.dropbox.com/plans

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @write2nirav, thanks for the screenshot.

While we do appreciate your feedback, I assure you that there's no such intention and since you're already in contact with our support team, please make sure to direct any concerns or issues to them.

If there's some kind of mistake or discrepancy, they'll be able to forward the case to the appropriate team, for you to get the appropriate answer/solution.

Thanks.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    write2nirav Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?