cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Storage

Why can't a single user get an Advanced Account without paying for 3 users?

Divepuget
Explorer | Level 3

I'm frustrated with Dropbox plans. I'm a single user who doesn't want to pay for a 3 team plan to gain more storage capacity. Currently I'm in a 5T plan  that my account shares jointly with the other institution. The institutions plan was downgraded to a lesser plan. I'm the soul producer of digital material that I share with this institution. I can no long sync my material to the account since its over capacity now. I want to upgrade my account to the Advance Account for unlimited storage. I miss understood the plan pricing. It said a yearly plan was $288 thinking I could handle this pricing. But then it came to checking out it said it would be $864, shock! Then realized it was for three users at that price. Don't advertise single user pricing upfront when you can only get it for the price of $864. No one gives a crap about single user pricing when you can't get single user pricing.

Please consider the little guy who is productive and is just single user team! I've loved Dropbox but your plans suck! 

Any suggestions or possible future plans that are reasonable for the little guy without breaking the bank.

Thank You

Eric

14 Replies 14

Supreme-C
New member | Level 2

Why not  offer the ability to purchase as much additional storage as you wish on a single user Dropbox Plan. Currently it's capped at 2 or 3TB. I don't need to upgrade to Dropbox Professional plan but I do need more storage than  single user Dropbox Plan currently allows me.

JaimeAndresMedia
New member | Level 2

Thank you for this post and I am 100% with you. I don't get why Dropbox can't create a $30/mo single-user plan for media freelancers. Dropbox says that their "professional" plan is for freelancers, but unless you're a photographer sharing small JPEG files, that is nowhere near enough space if you are a professional freelancer sending and exchanging video files with several clients and collaborators. I don't need 3 licenses, but I do need one with all the features that the Advanced package offers. Come'on Dropbox!

marioslazioannidis
New member | Level 2
 it would be nice if there was an option to buy extra TB storage without going to the big expensive plan where you pay for more users.
even the standard you have to go for 12*3 users if billed yearly.
i dont see why i should pay for extra 2 users if i don't have 3 users.
An option for 5tb  or more for 1 user (backup under the same one account) where i can pay only for my use?

John S.65
New member | Level 2

Add me to the list of customers wanting more space under a single license.  Why is there a 3 TB cap, if we're willing to pay?  My options are to go to google instead?  Really?

Cellulogyx
New member | Level 2

Please add me to the same issue here - there is a huge demand for Dropbox Business for an individual.  Lots of people are looking at moving to Google and OneDrive has come a long way in becoming a valid option.  Many of us have Microsoft subscriptions which provide OneDrive for free and we've been paying for Dropbox anyway - but that is quickly becoming uneconomical. 

Need more support?