cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I purchase the same plan again?

What happens if I purchase the same plan again?

DOOPLAY
New member | Level 2

If I take the 2nd plan and after the plan ends, I take the same plan again, will the storage be extended or will I have to buy a bigger plan?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@DOOPLAY wrote:

If I take the 2nd plan and after the plan ends, I take the same plan again, will the storage be extended or will I have to buy a bigger plan?

If you're asking if the extra storage space you get from a subscription stacks, no, it doesn't.

Each Dropbox plan is a subscription that entitles you to more space. As long as you maintain the subscription, you have access to the amount of space you've subscribed to. If you cancel the subscription, your storage quota is reduced to what it was before you subscribed (no files are deleted, so you could find yourself over the limit). If you subscribe again, you'll space will again be increased to whatever the limit is for the plan you chose.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?