cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're unable to adjust the number of our licenses before the next renewal.

We're unable to adjust the number of our licenses before the next renewal.

JP82
New member | Level 2

Hello community,

I've been meaning to adjust the number of licenses on our dropbox business account. The Dropbox support team has been extremely un-helpful and pretty much disregarded my request saying that these changes can only be done at renewal which happens... every 2 years!!! This is extremely inflexible and looks like bad business practice to lock your customer up. Disappointing. 

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a resolution?

Thanks,

Julien.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@JP82 wrote:

I've been meaning to adjust the number of licenses on our dropbox business account. ... these changes can only be done at renewal which happens... every 2 years!!!

While you can add additional licenses at any time, removal of a license will take effect at your next renewal which would typically be yearly, though I guess that could vary based on your agreement with Dropbox. That is a fairly standard practice for subscription-based licensing.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?