cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To protect your info, please verify your payment - can't update card!!

Unable to update card details "To protect your info, please verify your payment"

Glen Wayman
Explorer | Level 3

Hi There,

My dropbox payment card has expired and I am unable to change my card, whenever i enter my new one I get this screen (see attached). Nothing happens, nothing is loading and my internet is very very good.

Is there a way for me to update my card details here using support?

Thanks,

Glen

32 Replies 32

doclawson
New member | Level 2

I had this problem and troubleshooted it by trial and error. The solution is as follows:

- don't paste your credit card number in as it doesn't produce the spaces between the 4 numbers. type it in (so stupid...pasting is far more accurate)

- when filling in the expiry date the grey suggestion text says DD/YY - this is wrong, and should be DD/YYYY so enter 2026 for example

- use a space in the postcode (AB1 23C for example)

Then the verify box after a few seconds passes through the checks and sends a text to your bank etc.

doclawson
New member | Level 2

Also it will then take you to a change dropbox plan screen,even though you just wanted to update your details. You can't select your current plan, and it seems like you have to complete this to update your payment info. This would hence require you to change plan and then change back again. By opening another window and logging in again I can confirm my account details were already updated to the new payment method, and you can safely exit the screen without doing anything. Dropbox can you please make the process of updating your payment details error free.

FerON
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I'm unable to update my card info for the payments, once I try to save the changes it just shows this white square and does not load the required steps to continue.

I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Brave, Edge and Firefox), Incognito mode and clearing the cache. Nothing worked. These were some of the solutions given in previous, similar post, that seem to still be unsolved.

I attach the image of the box I'm referring to.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Fernando.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @FerON, let's jump right into this! 

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. Respond back to me, and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

FerON
Explorer | Level 4

I got sent an email saying that I had a pending payment (I know, because my card expired) and then the most basic instructions imaginable.

Not only the person on support that responded me didn't even bother to read the message, she closed the email chain saying that the problem had been fixed (which is false).

I ended up using Paypal. Good luck to anyone that encounters the same problem, using other payment method is the only solution. But seems crazy to me how a legitimate business doesn't have a functioning billing page.

I do not require more help, thank you.

gedensor
Explorer | Level 4

I am still unable to update my payment. This is happening to other people as well but all dropbox says it use a new browser, use incognito mode, clear cache. Can some some actually stop reading off the script and actually sort this issue out. The bank authentication is broke!! I am now saving all my stuff to use a different cloud provider as I wont be able to pay for it next month as my card is expired and I am unable to update it. Bye Bye dropbox!!

1.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gedensor, I’m sorry to see you’re facing the same issue. 

If you want, I can open a ticket for you so that we can investigate this further.

In case you’d like that, please let me know and I’ll get things started.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

gedensor
Explorer | Level 4
I’ve paid using PayPal now using the same card. It’s very frustrating. Card seems to be ok with anything else. Thanks for replying

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @gedensor, thanks for the additional info.

Would you still like us to open a ticket for you, so we can investigate on the issue?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

bolddp
Helpful | Level 5

I have exactly the same issue now when I'm trying to pay with a card from Handelsbanken in Sweden.

Here's the probable cause, found in the web browser console:

Refused to send form data to link removed because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "form-action 'self'

Need more support?