cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to cancel paid plan as I no longer have access to the email address

Unable to cancel paid plan as I no longer have access to the email address

AJSR1
New member | Level 2

I have 2 dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them (Basic / free). I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from a workplace I am no longer at, I no longer have access to it. I have forgotten the password to the account and can't reset it because I don't have access to the email. I need to cancel the paid Dropbox subscription on the account and delete the account. How can I do this without having access to the email address? I have an bank statements from dropbox showing the Premium monthly charge as proof that it is my account. 

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @AJSR1 - sorry to hear about this.

In such cases, you can reach out to our support team for further assistance directly through this form.

Just make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any Dropbox account.

Once you do this and get a ticket number from our system, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up as well.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AJSR
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If I follow that link above, I get to here:

AJSR_0-1723034926732.png

What am I supposed to do next? As again, I cannot enter the email address associated with the account , as I have no access to it for anything Dropbox sends there!

AJSR1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You should be able to fill out the form and put and email address you have access to @AJSR

If you're still having issues with this, may I reach out via email to the email address that's connected to your profile here, on our Community? 

[note that you have two separate Community profiles, so make sure to reply from the one that you'd like us to contact]

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AJSR
Explorer | Level 4

Hey there again!

Please could you email the one with the gmail address please (as that’s where it is also sending notification of your replies to)? So THIS profile I believe!

Many thanks

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AJSR! Sorry for jumping in. Is there a chance you were logged in to one of your two Dropbox accounts, when you tried to log a ticket? 

To make sure your ticket ends up in the correct support queue, you’ll need to make sure you’re NOT logged in to ANY Dropbox account. Can you give it one more try via an incognito window and let me know if it works now? 

If not, we’ll go ahead with logging your ticket right away.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AJSR
Explorer | Level 4

Ok, I’ll be honest - I am obviously being stupid! As whenever ~I reply to you in this thread, it automatically signs me in to the one Dropbox account I CAN access (the free one, NOT the one I want to cancel). So I am now super -confused as to how to submit a request incognito.....

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

No worries, @AJSR, I’ll try to guide you. If you go to your browser’s menu (usually located at the top right corner of your screen), there should be an option to open an incognito/private window. You shouldn’t be logged in to any Dropbox account there, so you can log your ticket this way. 

Another option is to open a separate browser, as well.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

annoyed23
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. I no longer have access to the email from a prior employer and I do not have the password and have been paying a monthly subscription. I need to cancel and can't figure out how to do it or how to contact anyone.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @annoyed23, sorry to see you're having this issue.

Can you try the following steps, to see if they help you open a ticket with our support team?

1. Open a private browsing/incognito window and go to this page.
  2. In the "I want to look up information related to" section, choose "other" and type in an email address you can access.
  3. Fill out the rest of the form.
  4. Click "submit".

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?