cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from monthly to annual billing - paying with PayPal

Switching from monthly to annual billing - paying with PayPal

SarahP
Explorer | Level 4

I have searched articles and none seem to be able to help.

I'm on Dropbox Plus, with monthly billing. Wish to switch to annual to save a few £.

When I go to my Billing settings, view payment - and go to "change" I don't have an option to switch from monthly to annual - only to switch from Paypal to a card payment..

Where's this setting hiding please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Hi @SarahP 

Aha! You are on PayPal. 

So the only way to do this is to cancel the PayPal subscription. Wait for it to expire and downgrade your account (dont worry, data is safe!) and then upgrade again either via PayPal or the website to the annual plan.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

maher1982
Super User

Hello Sarah, could you please check the link below? It explains in detail how you can change your Dropbox plan

https://help.dropbox.com/billing/change-information

SarahP
Explorer | Level 4

l already checked that article. There IS no "Billing Period" section that shows up. That's the problem!

SarahP
Explorer | Level 4

see screenshot

[removed]

Mark
Super User II

Hi @SarahP 

Aha! You are on PayPal. 

So the only way to do this is to cancel the PayPal subscription. Wait for it to expire and downgrade your account (dont worry, data is safe!) and then upgrade again either via PayPal or the website to the annual plan.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SarahP
Explorer | Level 4

thankyou! will do that. Could be useful to have that in the how-to article as well..

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SarahP Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
    maher1982 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?