cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't upgrade. "Sorry, you aren't eligible for this experience."

Sorry you aren't eligible for this experience

rodders999
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi I have a Dropbox Plus 2T account and have run out of memory space. I have been trying to upgrade to 3T for days but unfortunately every time I click on the upgrade tab it says 'Sorry you aren't eligible for this experience'. There is no billing issues or anything like that so I am at a loss?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rodders999
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you all for your responses. The issue was that I had paid for a 12 month drive backup feature. It was incompatible with all of the plans they were offering so it wouldn't go through. I had to call phone support for them to cancel it immediately as doing it from the site would have incurred a 2 week waiting period because of how they bill. Once they cancelled it.... It worked fine. 

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you currently pay via an App Store? If so you need to upgrade via there

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rodders999
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No I pay by credit card direct.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @rodders999, how are you today? 

Can you check the plan page right here, and let me know the subscription you're using? 

Feel free to also try to upgrade, using a different browser. If you get the same error, please take a screenshot and send it my way. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Xeri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

So I have Dropbox Plus, and have had it for years. I'm running low on space, so I want to upgrade to Dropbox Professional. When clicking on the notification that said I'm running out, I arrived at the following page.

https://www.dropbox.com/business/plans-comparison

When I click on the upgrade to pro option, I arrive at the following page.

https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

When the second URL first loads, I get the red message in the following screenshot.

Xeri_0-1654380037495.png

Rinse and repeat. This forms an infinite loop of eternal futility. Help would be appreciated, because it's incredibly obnoxious.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @Xeri 

You havent got your original subscription via an App store have you?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Xeri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No. I made the subscription long before I had the app.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Xeri, can you let me know if you're trying to upgrade to a paid Dropbox Professional subscription, or were you going for the trial first?

And have you tried doing this through a different browser, to see if that helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rodders999
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you all for your responses. The issue was that I had paid for a 12 month drive backup feature. It was incompatible with all of the plans they were offering so it wouldn't go through. I had to call phone support for them to cancel it immediately as doing it from the site would have incurred a 2 week waiting period because of how they bill. Once they cancelled it.... It worked fine. 

Xeri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I already have DB+, so I tried to just upgrade to the paid pro plan outright. I normally used Chrome, and I just tried it in Microsoft Edge. Same loop.

Edit: You also seem to have merged my thread with the other guy's thread. His problem has already been solved, but mine hasn't. So please take away the "solved" mark that you see with the thread link in the board. It's disingenuous and misleading, and it will likely end up in a situation where no one competent actually comes to help me, should the people already on this thread not be able to solve it for me.

Need more support?