cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My billing info has been used to upgrade a Dropbox account without my approval

My billing info has been used to upgrade a Dropbox account without my approval

LHolmes20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My credit card was used to pay for a different account subscription (email address) I do not recognize. As I only have a basic account I am unable to access customer support.  I would like this to be reversed by your billing department as this is their mistake and not an issue of my credit card being stolen.  Could someone please contact me.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LHolmes20! Hope it’s OK to chime in. 

For billing issues, we suggest contacting our support team indeed, since we don’t have account visibility on the forum. 

Can you please follow these steps to log a ticket directly with them? Feel free to send me your ticket number here afterwards. 

If you face any issues though, give me a nudge and I’ll log one for you instead.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It cannot be a mistake. You need to contact your card company and tell them your card has been used. If you did not do the transaction somebody has the card data. They need the card, secure code and access to things like your postcode to do it. 

It isnt a mistake. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LHolmes20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Perhaps mistake was the wrong term for the billing, however this charge was a week ago. I have already contacted the credit card company. There are no other charges or billing issues for my bank account.  I have the transaction 12 digit as well as the email address to the Dropbox account.  Why cant someone open a ticket? This seems to be a common problem, after I read through 2 hours of navigating Dropbox customer service and chat. So yes, I am a bit frustrated.  I have also seen responses to this exact issue that got a ticket opened and a more sympathetic response.  

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LHolmes20! Hope it’s OK to chime in. 

For billing issues, we suggest contacting our support team indeed, since we don’t have account visibility on the forum. 

Can you please follow these steps to log a ticket directly with them? Feel free to send me your ticket number here afterwards. 

If you face any issues though, give me a nudge and I’ll log one for you instead.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

LHolmes20
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Nancy for responding with the link and steps to get this ticket opened.

Ticket #23626953

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @LHolmes20, thanks for the ticket number! 

I just located, and responded back to your email, I'll be happy to see you there.

Cheers!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    LHolmes20 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?