cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business account expired yesterday due to nonpayment

My account got downgraded - can you help me?

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I received an email 2 days ago telling me I have until September 6th to pay for my next month of Dropbox Pro. I was downgraded this morning. I need it upgraded again until the said date. I plan on paying for the next month before then.

18 Replies 18

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Chris! That sounds off and isn't a common issue that I'd be aware of. Any chance you might have switched auto-renew off in the PlayStore? That'd explain at least part of this issue..

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mark Mc,
Your last response was insulting and a perfect exanple of the horrible customer service Dropbox offers.
I am not looking for anything for free. I have been a paying customer for a while. Dropbox was the one offering the September 6th cut off date. Because of this I did not move any money to the account I use to pay for the service.
I am unable to move that money until next week now and cannot use another card at the moment.
Your arrogance is a direct reflection on the company and has given me another reason to avoid Dropbox.
This situation should have been happily remedied immediately.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Your last response was insulting and a perfect exanple of the horrible customer service Dropbox offers. 

I'm not a Dropbox employee Chris - I'm a user just the same as you. 

This situation should have been happily remedied immediately.

Which is not possible on a predominantly user supported forum - as I said you'd need to log a ticket but that would (as you would hit the free queue now) take time. 

However, as Dropbox employee has asked some questions to work out why the emails have incorrectly gone out - you've ignored him though (not sure if you've seen it or not, but its above your reply) so they cannot look into it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Fynn,
I did have it on auto. That is why I got the email. I trusted the date in the email 2 days ago and did not give it another thought until this morning when I saw I was downgraded.
I can't even check if the setting was accidentally changed because I am not a pro customer anymore. Again, the email I received clearly indicates I had the setting to auto pay.

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Chris!

Sorry for being unclear. Your settings with Dropbox were likely on as you received the emails as you said yourself. What I meant was that your auto-renew settings in the GooglePlay store were switched to Off. 

The experience you're describing sounds very much as if Google switched off your auto-renew. That can happen when there is a payment issue, or just if you cancelled through Google. At this moment, it looks like this is an issue with Google and not with Dropbox, but I can't verify this until you log a support ticket with us.

Hope that helps!

ts510
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Our business account expired yesterday due to nonpayment. We can't login and I wasn't aware we were behind on payments. We like to pay past-due invoices ASAP and get the account back. What do we need to?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @ts510, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

Can you visit your account's plan page, and let me know what it says there? 

Is your team possibly in a locked state

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kace
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been a pro member since 2017 but out of nowhere i was downgraded. I have a receipt of payment. I need this resolved asap. My business relies on dropbox. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @kace, let's jump right into this! 

Is it possible that you're using two Dropbox accounts by any chance? If you use our self-serve look-up tool, can you locate the charge? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?