cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost email of a paid account and I need to cancel the subscription

Lost email of a paid account and I need to cancel the subscription

VCB1
Explorer | Level 3
I need to talk to someone in Dropbox.

I have an account with a plan that I pay, but I cannot access it because the email does not exist anymore. I have already tried to contact the ESP and they say that it has been excluded years ago when I went out of the organization - it was my university email.
I also have another account without a plan using my personal email.

Dropbox still charges me the plan regarding my lost university email and I NEED to solve this problem, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to anyone in Dropbox using muy non-paid account. And all solutions I found needed to login in my lost account.
I need to cancel the plan, and/or transfer the plan to my other account, and/or recover my access without accessing my lost email. 

It is urgent and I need support - I pay for it in my account linked to my lost email.
18 Replies 18

Rich
Super User II

@VCB1 wrote:
I have an account with a plan that I pay, but I cannot access it because the email does not exist anymore.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

VCB1
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried it. Without success. I need to talk to someone in Dropbox, once my plan allows it and my case is a completely rare situation. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @VCB1 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May we reach out via email to the email address that's linked to your Community profile, in order to investigate further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

VCB1
Explorer | Level 3

Yes. You can reach me using my personal email linked to the commmunity. I need that someone of you contact and suport me.

ASAP.

Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @VCB1! I was looking into our system and I can see you’ve already reached our support team. As soon as they’ve reviewed your request, they’ll reply back to you and further assist. I’ve also left them an internal note on your behalf.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VCB1
Explorer | Level 3
Nobody is in contact with me.
I need support ASAP, onde you STILL charge me.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @VCB1, when you submitted the ticket, did you use the email address to which you have access?

If not, please could you resubmit your ticket by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VCB1
Explorer | Level 3
Yes. I uses the e-mail I have access.

VCB1
Explorer | Level 3
And I also wrote my e-mail And phone number in the ticket. It is the same e-mail I use here.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    VCB1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?