cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

zsoltadop
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hey, somebody know the 3000GB is the maximum storage here in Dropbox or there a is a bigger opportunities? Thank you

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

For personal plans, unless you see other options at www.dropbox.com/account/plan that is the max, yes. 

If you want more you need to use business plans BUT that means multiple fees per month

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

4d484m
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I believe Dropbox would greatly benefit from offering more subscription plans. Having to choose between the free account or 2TB is a total nonsense.

Right now if I had to choose I would choose Google with their 100 or 200GB plan. I believe Dropbox looses a lot of money because of that.
I wonder if there is any good reason for not doing it, especially that I see many posts asking for that since 2014 😄 ?

AzulGarcia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Considero que sus planes son demasiado caros para paises que no estan en un buen momento socioeconomico. Deberian ser mas empaticos ya que tienen clientes de todas partes del mundo y en paises como Argentina, su plataforma les esta dando la espalda. No solo porque se cobra en una moneda que es muy poco accesible aqui, sino por que los valores son altos. Pensaria algún descuento para estas situaciones, o de no querer cambiar la moneda poner un precio mas amigable. Tuve que darme de baja de su plan Professional por que era demasiado caro.
Ademas ya que estoy, me parece que su user experience es poco intuitivo. La web es rebuscada y no tiene facil acceso-.
Gracias,
Azul
[removed per Community Guidelines]

----------------

I consider that their plans are too expensive for countries that are not in a good socioeconomic moment. They should be more empathetic since they have clients from all over the world and in countries like Argentina, their platform is turning its back on them. Not only because it is charged in a currency that is very little accessible here, but because the values are high. I would think about a discount for these situations, or if you don't want to change the currency, put a more friendly price. I had to unsubscribe from their Professional plan because it was too expensive.
Also, while I'm at it, it seems to me that your user experience is not very intuitive. The website is elaborate and does not have easy access.

Dissonantly
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have been using Dropbox religiously for about a decade, so sorry if this is mean: How is it that my options are 5GB (from referrals that probably expired) or 2TB when I have only ever used a max of 200GB and currently less than 100GB. There is no need to charge users for 19/20s of what they actually use. It is mind blowing to me that there are only 2 personal options. Dropbox “losing money” with smaller plans, at this point in time, is total BS considering it is among the best cloud services. Although at this point, I may very well download a bunch of useless crap just to FULLY utilize all of that storage.

500GB plan— $6.99/mo. Wow look at that. More space for all those new users looking for good storage at an affordable price point.

Larseinar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I think it is to expensive. Do yuo have a alternativ that dos not ruin me?

Selena9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Please make cheaper plan with less storage.
I don't really need 1TB storage.
Just 50GB and $1 for month will be great.

Sergio65
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Costo troppo alto per i piani tariffari potrebbe inserirsi un opzione da 1TB al costo di € 50,00 annui 

Saluti Sergio 

---------------

Cost too high for tariff plans, a 1TB option could be included at a cost of €50.00 per year 

Greetings Sergio

Avond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Blunt the price is too high One Drive does the same thing for 1.99 a month. I have both If you lowered the price I’m sure you’d get more customers. Give it a try if no luck go back being Scrooge😊

RobB5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox space currently is 2GB.  I'd like to increase it to 20GB. Why must the next option be 2000GB? I don't need so much.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ajay S.7 New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Ahmedsalahudin New member | Level 2
    PAAKO New member | Level 2
    rperry337 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?