cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

Jodagr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I could only find about possible discounts on business accounts for nonprofit businesses. Why not a senior, disability, low income plan for Dropbox+? Maybe offer with partnership with AARP, AMAC, AAA or some other organization. I am all of the above and I’m sure there are many others and would greatly increase your subscriber base for individuals that can’t afford the $11.99/month or yearly rate.

socalken
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It's time for Dropbox to consider increasing the storage capacity that comes with the plans. The $12/mo "Dropbox Plus" plan that I've been paying for 2TB of storage was a good deal several years ago, but hasn't kept up with evolution. I realize that Dropbox has added many great features, which has made it a household brand name. But technology is evolving where storage is getting cheaper, while file sizes are getting bigger. Other companies like Apple charge $10 for 2TB, MS One Drive is $5.83/mo to add 1TB to the free 1TB that comes with MS Office, and $10 for up to 5TB per user on their Business Plan. CrashPlan is $10 for UNLIMITED storage and has similar features like file history retention. This issue has come up for me because I have evolving requirements that's causing me to make new decisions, so I suspect that numerous others are starting to wrestle with the same. I'd prefer to stay with Dropbox because of how well it works and the features it provides that makes it easy to work with others. But giving you (Dropbox) a heads up that you might start making it easier for competitors to make switching easier if you don't address getting ahead of this and either bumping up the storage, or lowering the price. Thanks!

Nivek5718
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Prices are just crazy. Cloud storage is the same price as a netflix subscription, YouTube, Google advertising to over 3k people weekly 96k yearly, Facebook ads for over 3k people weekly; 115k yearly. It's crazy. Cloud storage, especially Dropbox, should be a 2.99 charge a month and should almost be forgotten once signed up because it's used so infrequently but worth having that the price should justify that. 9.99 a month is a subscription that you cancel cause u can't afford it... Cloud storage should forever be affordable because what happens if u can't pay the 10 bucks .. they delete your files... forget that... no thanks. Like pushing your customers to one drive or Google Cloud fine but I've had Dropbox forever and would have continued if the prices where not ridiculous.

Aleksey M.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hello. paid plan has a lot of free space. so... didn't you think to start your own mail service? e.g. 50 gb for 2Tb plan is like small change. gmail, outlook etc are getting worse from year to year, dropbox always makes perfect products and personally for me dropbox has the highest level of trust.

thanks!

AliAsh
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
A lot of companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft are offering regional pricing for other countries. That makes it more accessible for people in other countries like Argentina, Ecuador etc.

Also i find it very strange that there are no option for 200GB 500GB etc. It’s either 2,5GB or 2TB! It would be nice to have a wider selection so the users can pay for what they need.

Another item worth mentioning is the family pricing which doesn’t make any sense. Why personal account with 2TB costs 12USD per month and the same 2TB for family use is 20USD? While apple charges 10USD for the 2TB shared with family or not.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers
Ali

gorkinho
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Based in Turkey, I am working in Higher Ed. Education Sector, and quite frequent user of DROPBOX.
I am observing the usage and number of paid subscribers of DB in East Europe and Turkey is quite low, whereas free users are quite a lot... I believe it is due to standard global pricing / not country based revaluation and repricing accordingly...

Evaluating competitors' localised pricing strategy , one can claim that, country based pricing for same subscription models would take noteworthy attention. With the right pricing model, and the right marketing and sales activity, paid DB user numbers would rise exponentially.
Please have a look at the competitors' pricing:

"https://one.google.com/about/plans?hl=tr" Google One 100GB : 58TL / yr ( approx. 3.6 Euro) (VALID for TURKISH CUSTOMERS)
"https://one.google.com/about/plansGoogle One 100GB :  20 Euro/yr ( VALID FOR EU CUSTORMERS )

Here is my question: Will there be a re-pricing according to countries or territories?
Best
Gorkinho

derekonthecoast
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

why would I pay $184 a year for 2TB when

I can buy a 2TB external drive for less than $100 and share it online with 

Teams Viewer for free.

I don't understand why people are paying for this

Freddie D.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi there, Dropbox team.
As my free space has been close to full, I've been receiving offers to subscript a plan.
What happens is: for people who make a living in Dollars, it's totally reasonable to pay 9,99, after all, the minimum wage in US is about 2,000 (which corresponds to almost 10 minimum wages in Brazil). But for Brazilian users (which is my case) the currency is not favorable (1 dollar to 5 BRL), so I can't afford to subscript even the lowest price plan. 10 dollars monthly correspond to half a month sallary by the end of the year.  
I'd like to suggest the creation of adapted plans for foreign users (like me), adjusted to their currency. 
As an example, not 10 dollars, but 10 or 20 BRL to the cheapest plan would mean balance in face of the different realities, and we would be talking of a measure of equality. 
Therefore, it would be a sensible act of social reach, making it possible to people in different coutries who face different economic scenarios to buy a subscription plan comfortably. 
Thank you very much for the opportunity of sharing this idea. I hope it can turn into a reality. 

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @NOUTROK , thank you for your inquiry.

Just to clarify, the Basic plan, is our free plan, and comes with 2 GB of space.

You are referring to our Plus plan, that offers 2 TB of space.

I am afraid that, there is no plan, that offers more space, at a lower price, at the moment.

You can see all our available plans here.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jackson
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Daveinmaine
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
$54 a month for 5 tb’s???? Are you wearing your bandana masks when you ask that? How about a more affordable option for sole proprietors. Thank you very much.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ajay S.7 New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Ahmedsalahudin New member | Level 2
    PAAKO New member | Level 2
    rperry337 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?