cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @wdshieh, if your account is eligible, you could upgrade to the Dropbox Basic Extra plan, which offers all the existing features on Basic, but with 50 GB of quota.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

M7153DRC
Helpful | Level 5

I really think it's time that Dropbox offered a cheaper plan than the Plus that is 9.99/month for 2TB. I wish something was offered in the $1.99/month price point that offered 100GB like Google Drive.

M7153DRC
Helpful | Level 5

I wish Dropbox had a $1.99/month 100GB like Google Drive or a $4.99/month for 1TB plan. Or $3.99/month for 500GB. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

HI @M7153DRC, I've merged you to this post, please check the posted solution to see if this can apply to your account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

M7153DRC
Helpful | Level 5
Unfortunately that doesn't really solve the problem. If it was 50GB for free sure but at the same price as Google Drive with half the storage it doesn't seem like a good deal. I wish there was a 100GB, 500GB and 1TB option for regular consumers.

kaitreni
Helpful | Level 6

right now I'm purging my DB to stay under the free level.

If they had a cheaper plan, I'd switch to that in a heartbeat.  they're losing money.

DOMENICO LANZANO
New member | Level 2

Sarebbe perfetto poter usufruire di paini, anche solamente per il cloud, magari a tagli inferiori di Giga e di conseguenza a prezzi più vantaggiosi e sostenibili. Ad esempio piani con 200 gb di cloud piuttosto degli attuali almeno 2.000 gb, magari con un prezzo di 12/15/20€ annuali

MonicaKS
New member | Level 2

Generally, my Drop Bos basic storage of 2 GB accommodates my needs.  Unfortunately, I have been ill and was unable to clean up my files and now getting messages that my drop box is full.  I would NEVER need 2 TB but thats the only option available for upgrade.  Since I cannot afford that I guess I will just have to delete files to free up space.  I think it would be fair to have an upgrade plan that doubles your storage and price, not quadruple + leaving customers to pay for oversized plans that dont fit their budget.  Create reasonable, budget friendly plan between 2 GB and 2 TB. There are plenty of clients with needs in between.

bilalhamid
New member | Level 2

The packages dropbox offers do not suits majority of small users like me, i max need 100 or 200 gb, where as your options are free 5gb and then 2tb. You should fill this gap with smaller options, so customers like us who are using 5 gb for many years can now upgrade to 100 gb. Obviously 2tb is far beyond my requirement, i could gradually upgrade to 100 gb and then beyond. Plz consider, and if you could instantly offer me this package i would love to buy it. Thx

Daniel Renaud
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you very much for referring me the Dropbox Basic Extra plan...exactly what I needed.

Daniel 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ajay S.7 New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Ahmedsalahudin New member | Level 2
    PAAKO New member | Level 2
    rperry337 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?