cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

jzambrana
New member | Level 2

En Bolivia somos muchos profesionales que usamos la versión gratuita de Dropbox, las opciones pago para subir de nivel son muy elevadas para nuestro medio, por lo que sugiero crear un plan basico que sea de 1TB y que su cuota anual sea menor, estoy seguro de que iría muy bien.

hellolight
New member | Level 2

+1 on the request a cheaper plan. Google One offers additional storage for a few dollars why can't we have the same on dropbox? 

tttt0
New member | Level 2

One more request for a cheaper plan! 10GB, 20GB, 50GB? The jump from 2GB to 2000GB is just too overkill imho.

Campi
Explorer | Level 4

How on earth does an average user (not talking about indie producers, just normal people saving pictures, college notes, and things like that) manages to fill 2TB? My files distributed across different services don't even reach 25GB altogether.

OneDrive, Google Drive, Apple, IDrive offer more realistic solutions.

I really liked Dropbox and I've been using the free version for a few years, I just wanted to have a centralized place, but 2Tb is way too much for me and I can't afford 11 bucks a month right now (at least with regional pricing I would consider it).

Milldogtjm
New member | Level 2
Why do guys have 2000GB space and higher available? My question to you is: Why can't we get a plan with 100GB to 1TB as well for around $8/month to $9/month; this would be the cheaper option for people who want the space for temporary file transfers. This plan would also increase your presence online with the daily users online count from your online service statistics as well. I'm just a kid who wants a plan that's abit cheaper with less storage like a now normal 1TB storage hard-drive for quick file transfers of gigabyte size files to and from my devices. Thanks for listening.

Userface
Explorer | Level 4

There should be a $50/yr option.

THEUSER404
Explorer | Level 3

why there no cheaper plans

But is there a way of getting a plan that gives the user 500GB or 1TB

for £5 or £2.5 per month for 500GB because 2TB sound too nice

nostress808
New member | Level 2

I see that people have been asking for smaller plans for the past few years and it doesn't seem like anything has been done.  I've also read that Dropbox has tried offering smaller plans without success.  I don't know what kind of plans were offered in the past but can you try again to make Dropbox more affordable for people who don't need so much space?  It's ridiculous that plans start at 2GB at no cost then jumps to 2000GB for $120 dollars.  This is a deal paying 6 cents per GB but this is too expensive for those who don't need that much space.  More affordable plans are needed for people who may need as little as 50GB of space.  We would really appreciate it if you could reconsider adding smaller and affordable plans in the near future.  I am sure I am speaking for a lot of people who are currently using your free plan and are willing to pay for a little more for more space.

nabob89
New member | Level 2

I will never use anywhere 2TB of storage but that is your smallest plan. 100GB would be more than I would need. Why can't you offer smaller plans? It should not be that hard.

wdshieh
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

I'm a personal user with free Basic plan. I wish Dropbox can offer a plan with 100G or 200G. 2T is just too expensive for me.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ajay S.7 New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Ahmedsalahudin New member | Level 2
    PAAKO New member | Level 2
    rperry337 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?