cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Offer upgrad plans starting 500gb instead of 1 TB

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

KingKong92
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same.. I have used dropbox for 10 years, and right now I am looking to onedrive and google as I need more space.
I need 100gb... not 2tb! And the 2tb isn't even shareable, for that you need the 2tb family pack, over 200Euro / year.. 

I would gladly pay 2$ for 100gb or 5$ for 500gb package instead of going to other services.
Right Now I'm paing both Google and Microsoft to test them out. Still cheaper x)

RAVIGOPAL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Agree 100%. I am managing with 200 GB on Google as I have lots of images and videos besides documents. 

I am tired of Dropbox's frequent reminders and aggressive sales pitch for 2/5 TB. My request for 500 GB seems to be falling on deaf ears. 

If they want to stick to their 2/5TB upgrade offers then I will delete all my stuff and unsubscribe at the earliest.

What is also most annoying is that they think their Chatbot can handle all the queries a customer may have. They just don't have a human interface to respond to customer queries. I wish I could ask their Chatbot to provide me the storage space and I pay the Chatbot instead of Dropbox. 😡

rperry337
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ok one other question.  If I upgrade to plus and then downgrade to basic do I keep my additional earned storage.  I have 10GB now and do not want to lose it.

Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @rperry337!

If you downgrade your account, you won't lose the extra space you've acquired through referrals, but your current space per referral is 1G, whereas with Dropbox Basic you get 500MB per referral.

See more info about this here.

I hope this helps.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Hannah wrote:

... but your current space per referral is 1G, whereas with Dropbox Basic you get 500MB per referral.

Just to clarify that a bit for you, @rperry337, when you upgrade to a paid account your referral bonus doubles from 500MB each to 1GB each. If you later downgrade back to the Basic plan, your referrals will again be halved back to 500MB each.

rperry337
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for the reply.  I am still not sure I understand.  If I upgrade from my basic plan to the plus and decide it is not for me.  When I downgrade do I still keep the 10 GB of data my basic plan that I have now.

Thanks

Robert

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rperry337 wrote:

I am still not sure I understand. ... When I downgrade do I still keep the 10 GB of data my basic plan that I have now.

Yes.

What we're describing is that when you upgrade, the bonus space you've earned from referrals will also double. When you downgrade at a later date, that bonus space will revert back to what it was before the upgrade.

rperry337
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Gotcha sorry that was the part I was not understanding.

Thanks

PAAKO
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
題目,希望能出更小容量的
買了Plus的2TB兩三年,
到現在還是只用到112GB,
所以希望能出更小容量500GB的客群做使用

Ahmedsalahudin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
If u give 200gb only in 190 pkr or 0.65 dollar per month every small user will buy it and you will generate good revenue
Need more support?