cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fine granular subscription

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

Bad Cat
New member | Level 2
I would suggest a new plan option
Something in the range of 10gb or something, or a dynamic plan that increases as the storage space you use increases

I would be willing to pay a couple bucks a month, but, for personal use, can’t justify $15-$30 a month

meks
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

offer dynamic dataplan for users which are not willing to subscribe for the actual models, so they can subscribe for lower rates as well. starting at the basic plan.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @meks, thanks for joining the Community!

Could you let me know more about what you're describing, in order for other voters to understand your suggestion?

Are you referring to paying for the amount of data you're storing on your account? If so, how would this be priced in your opinion in terms of billing cycle and cost?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EarlyAdopterSteve
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, I've been really frustrated that Dropbox's least expensive plan is $120 per year. I don't need 2 TB, and I definitely won't spend $120. Meanwhile, Google One offers 200 GB for $30 per year. Now THAT's something interesting, even though I'm not fond of the user experience with GoogleDrive. You can also get significant amounts of data, but fully end-to-end encrypted, with iDrive for much less than $120 per year. Again, I don't love their UI and the feature set is missing a couple fundamental things. But there's just no way I'm paying $120 per year. 

Dropbox, when are you going to offer a decent plan for common folks...something like Google's 200 GB for $30 per year, and maybe some higher level for $50 or $60 per year (and allowing us to log in to the Dropbox application on more than the ridiculous 3 devices allowed by the free plan)???? C'mon, you're just being jerks at this point.

If some people need 2 TB, I admit $120 per year isn't a bad price. But so many of us DON'T need THAT much space, and also can't afford that price. So let's get real here.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If your account is eligible, there is the Basic Extra plan available for purchase.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EarlyAdopterSteve
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Says I'm not currently eligible.
Now what?

rperry337
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Good afternoon.

I have the basic plan currently.  I have enough storage with this plan, however I would like to use with more than 3 devices.

The dropbox plus is out of my budget plus I do not need 2TB of storage.

Is there an option/plan with access to more devices at a more reasonable price?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rperry337 wrote:

Is there an option/plan with access to more devices at a more reasonable price?

There isn't another plan, but you could subscribe to Plus for a month, add your other devices and then downgrade back to Basic. As long as you don't disconnect them, they will continue to sync.

Ffahrenheit
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I do not need 2TB of cloud memory . eleven dollars per Month is too expensive . why don't you offer to 100GB for two bucks a month

RAVIGOPAL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am a free member as of now. I keep receiving your upgrade plans starting with 2 TB. That is far beyond my lifetime requirement. I wonder why you don't introduce affordable plans for 500 GB and 1 TB. Individuals and SMEs require storage less than 1 TB. Please consider customer friendly packs.
Else I am happy with Google plans that allow me to scale up steadily.
RG
Need more support?