cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is recommended to increase product options with less than 1TB of space and reduce prices.

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

MrAlan
Explorer | Level 3

There seems to be a lot of requests for greater storage at a reasonable price but very little indication from Dropbox as to the way forward.

avishekmandal2410
New member | Level 2

Please include a cheaper 100 GB plan for me 

issa2
Helpful | Level 5

how to be eligible to this option please

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @issa2 - thanks for joining the discussion here and showing your interest in this.

If you're eligible for the plan, you'll be able to upgrade through the page Jay linked in the 'Accepted Solution'. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

issa2
Helpful | Level 5

The page shows prices. How to be eligible is not mentioned even on the page. I have been with Dropbox for more than 15 years.

Rich
Super User II

@issa2 wrote:

How to be eligible is not mentioned even on the page.

A lot of similar promotions or trials are often specific to a region, so if the plan isn't available to you on the linked page, there's usually no way to become eligible. It either applies to you or it doesn't.

Smith Nguyen
New member | Level 2

As a potential consumer, I give you feedback.
Your products provide good quality.

I hope your company can offer 2-3 entry-level products with more favorable prices.
I expect you to provide 500 and 1000G specifications to reduce the product price.
OneDrive Home Edition offers 1TB*6 for approximately US$100(720RMB) in EU and USA and US$70 (498RMB) in China .
OneDrive person Edition 1TB US$55.

(1) Consumer affordability and Price comparison

The starting 2TB space is not suitable for some persons, too much useless space.
At present, the price of your entry-level products is high for developing countries or economically sensitive people.
Some persons want 500GB, 1000GB or 250GB space (onedrive entry-level product 1000GB). Can you provide more product solutions with more specifications?

For example, the product price is 300GB with 20 US dollars a year (OneDrive person Edition 1TB US$55). 

(2) Years of usage and experience

Your trial is only one month long, so it has little promotional value because consumers can use it for too short a time.People need to use it for 2 years before they discover more features and good value.

You can even attach conditions that each person can only buy it for Max period (5 years), and after 5 years, the customer need to upgrade to a higher-level product.

Khalil Tabbara
New member | Level 2
As explained to me by your agent , When you upgrade to a yearly cycle on the Dropbox website, the pricing is much cost-effective for 12 months to when you upgrade to a monthly cycle for 12 months. For example, the yearly cycle would be CA$155.58 (CA$12.99*12 months) instead of CA$15.99.
That’s not what is understood when you accept the offer which mentions 2 months free ! I feel that’s not fair to advertise as such and it is misleading information just to attract customers! I request to get those two months free including the new rate ! So simple …

Amardeep2024
New member | Level 2
This plan is not available.

I would also like Dropbox to give an option of 50 Gb with sync on 4-5 devices. The 2 tb plan is too much of a jump and way too expensive for an individual.

issa2
Helpful | Level 5

I can understand Dropbox for education, for business, but for region with respect I do not see any reason why some people will have access to space while others are not. Thanks

Need more support?