cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request smaller storage

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

stevenjohnbrand
Explorer | Level 4

Who would like to 'downgrade' to a 1TB option for $4.99 a month?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
This idea is open. 

If you like this idea, please share how this would help you, and vote to show your support. 

Our top-voted ideas are shared with our product teams to investigate in our regular reviews.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Lance M.4
New member | Level 2

Lots of alternatives available since Dropbox seems to not care about offering a cheaper storage plan.  Check out Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Sync, Mega, and iDrive.  

Hafizur Rahman
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I would like to share my opinion that if you start a plan for students or less than 2 TB plan, that would help student users or those who want to get a small package. That might be more effective for enhancing users. As a Dropbox user, I couldn't buy a plan. I kept my basic plan because. The further plan is 2 TB, it would be expensive for me.

Tobin Frost
Explorer | Level 3
Stupid plans with high prices. Why can't I expand my account by 5, 10, 20 GB?

MrAlan
Explorer | Level 3

Could you please offer 1TB single person @ £4 per month.

Arka Zhafran Ramadhan
New member | Level 2
My suggestion is that Dropbox should provide storage smaller than 2 TB such as 500 GB, 200 GB, 128 GB or even better 50 GB because most users only store normal photos and do not store large documents, and the rest of the storage is not used because it is too large.

that's all from me
Arka Zhafran Ramadhan
loyal user of Dropbox

P V Rao
New member | Level 2

Drop Box minimum data purchase is for 2,000 GB. When I have used only 9 GB for the last 3 years, i don't see using 2,000 GB for another 200 years. This mimnimum stipulation of 2,000 GB is unduly forcing the user to pay 2,000 GB without using even 1 to 2% of 2,000 GB. Dropo Box should immediatley offer lower GB Plans (atleast 100 GB) with the price accordingly.

diego cardoso
New member | Level 2

It could offer more plan options with affordable discounts. I believe the current plans are expensive. Promotional offers could also be increased, such as the one priced at R$10.00 per month (Brazil). I would be interested and sign it myself.

JPradint
New member | Level 2

I am a dropbox user for many years but I am not needing large amounts of storage space as we transfer a small amount of files on a weekly basis being not more than 10GB. I was wondering if DropBox would offer the relevant plan. However, this is not the case. I do not need 2TB space and pay EURO 120 per year for space that I am not using. A suggestion, like Google does, to offer plans that allow you to buy space per 100GB units as you need. I wonder if the DropBox Team already had a look into this possibility. Thank you. JP:)

Need more support?