cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plan and Pricing

Is there a cheaper plan than the Plus plan, that offers more space?

NOUTROK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

my question is:

Is there any plan that is even cheaper than the normal basic plan of 2000 tb? It happens that I want to have more storage space, but the cheapest plan is still quite expensive.

Is there an alternative storage plan, which is cheaper?

169 Replies 169

SkylerMews
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I love Dropbox's block-level synchronization, but I hate the drastic change from 2GB (free)  to 2TB (plus). 

I think more people would purchase a lower option than the 2TB. I just want 100GB - 250GB without having to pay 120$ a year. 

gankytime
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As of now, it will cost me around $285/year for 4 TB. Sync.com is offering 6 TB for $240. Quite frankly, there are not enough features or functionality to qualify the $285 pricing for me. Why pay more for less? Please be more competitive with pricing.   

acoidanrodriguez
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It seems to me an uncompetitive price.

I have been given a Google Workspace company account without having to have multiple users on Google. They have offered me the unlimited account in gigabytes for one user.

I was looking for more storage and I thought about using Dropbox because I like the folder system but at 20 euros for 3 or 4 TB it seems excessively expensive for the price of the competition.

The rate that Google has charged me for 2 tb is 10.40 euros with IGIC included tax paid in the Canary Islands, Spain.

And they offer me Google Workspace Enterprice Standart for one user for 22.20 euros including tax. This includes unlimited storage.

I have mail with them, but if they offer me something reasonable, I'm willing to use Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox wont alter prices I'm afraid - the price you see on the website is the price you pay. 

Dropbox have repeatedly said it is not the quota you are paying for but more the service and features. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

acoidanrodriguez
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I want to express my deep disappointment with Dropbox. While I acknowledge that services and features come at a cost, Dropbox's offering falls short in comparison to companies like Google.

There is no denying that Dropbox's hosting system works remarkably well, even better than Google's, and that initially piqued my interest in using their services and promoting them to my clients.

However, upon careful examination of the prices, it becomes evident that they are charging an exorbitant amount. 20 euros for 3 TB is almost a robbery when compared to the available alternatives in the market.

For instance, Google Workspace for businesses offers a 2 TB account for a single user for just 10.40 euros, taxes included, in the Canary Islands, Spain. Furthermore, it includes highly attractive features such as the market's best email manager, video calls with up to 150 participants, and customized Google Forms for businesses. To top it off, I have been offered Google Workspace Enterprise Standard for a single user at 22.20 euros per month, with unlimited storage.

I understand that each company has its own pricing model, but I can't help but feel frustrated by the lack of balance between the value offered by Dropbox and the associated cost. Despite sharing my concerns with their team, I have only received evasive responses and excuses, which further leaves me unsatisfied.

Unfortunately, this experience has left a negative impression not only of the company itself but also of the individuals behind it. It seems that there is a lack of genuine interest in acquiring new customers, and that is truly disappointing. I was genuinely excited about working with Dropbox at a reasonable price, but now I find myself seriously reconsidering that decision.

I appreciate the time taken to listen to my concerns, but I can't help but think that Dropbox is missing the opportunity to attract numerous potential customers with this uncompetitive pricing strategy. I sincerely hope that they reconsider their approach and offer more appealing and accessible options that better align with the needs and expectations of users.

Cheapskate123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As the subject says, I wish Dropbox would offer a cheaper plan for less storage.

I've been managing alright on a few gigabytes of storage for many years. I just don't need 2TB of cloud storage.

I really like Dropbox and wouldn't mind paying monthly for it if I didn't feel like I would be mainly paying for a bunch of storage to just sit empty.

I would also be ok with a higher price per gigabyte if it meant a lower monthly cost e.g. 4€ for 250GB.

josejr1104
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want a cheaper upgrade subscription option. Maybe a $1 option for 25gb-100gb per month like Icloud offers for people who aren't going to use a full 2 tb of storage. I only upload music to my dropbox and it only takes up 1gb right now but soon I'm going to max out to 2gb. If I spend $10 a month I'll never use a full tb of storage of just mp3 files and I would be completely overpaying for unused storage. I may never even reach 50gb but I'd rather pay $1 to use maybe 15gb-30gb of storage rather than spend $10 to do the same thing. I love the dropbox service but I'd be wasting money if I did $10 a month.

jamesbiz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Really tho? There is no one that needs more than 2gb's of storage, yet doesn't need A HUNDRED TIMES MORE storage? Those are the options? you can have 2 ice cream scoops, or 2000? What an absurd premise. No one willing to pay $5 a month that will never ever get close to 2000gb's? I've been using dropbox for years. I'm at 5gb's used.  I guess by the time I start to get full, we'll be in quantum computing and I'll need a gig per photo eh? lol

dsoul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been paying $11.99 a month for 2TB storage for years. I don't need that much storage and finally decided to do something about it. I was shocked to discover that there is not a plan between the free one and the 2TB one. I inquired and was told that there is no plan for creating one in the future which is unfortunate because I really like dropbox but Its time to look for a more cost effective cloud storage service that provides more pricing/plan options. 

vasishth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

At the very least, allow me a 1TB option, so I can pay, say $60 a year and be satisfied.

In my view, you are gouging your customers, by forcing us to buy four times the space we actually need.

Need more support?