cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to get a refund for my payment

I want to get a refund for my payment

jxt10
New member | Level 2

I made a dropbox Sign account early last year in 2023/07/06, because I want to transfer some documents to others. I think there was a free version, or a free trial that I may have signed up for.

But I just know I subscribed the account in 2024/07/06 because there was a 120 dollar charge at that day. I cancelled the new subscription as soon as I know this, and it says I can get a refund, but nothing happens. Now my account is "basic", but I don't get any money back!!!

When reviewing my credit expenses for the past year I also found a 120 dollar charge in 2023/07/06, I was wondering if it was possible to get it refunded because I even don't know the subscription at all!! 

Pretty disappointed by this page Contact Dropbox support - Dropbox  and I have no idea who to contact to pursue this.

My appeal is get the two years money back, PLEASE HELP ME.

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II

@jxt10 wrote:

I cancelled the new subscription as soon as I know this, and it says I can get a refund, but nothing happens.

You can try contacting Support, but subscriptions are non-refundable unless required by law.

jxt10
New member | Level 2

Hi, are you the admin or staff??

I found on the website you give me:

"you’ll be charged and will retain access to the plan’s features through the end of the paid period."

but now my account is Basic. I don't want to resubscribe, I just want to GET MY REFUND

Rich
Super User II

@jxt10 wrote:

I don't want to resubscribe, I just want to GET MY REFUND

You need to contact Support via the link I provided above.

jxt10
New member | Level 2

thanks. but Can you ask some staff to solve this problem for me?

I'm very disappointed with Dropbox's support, I just want to solve this ASAP. don't let me just wait for a long time and say nothing.

Please ask someone to contact me. 

I've had enough of the customer service's standard words

Rich
Super User II

@jxt10 wrote:

Can you ask some staff to solve this problem for me?

I don't work for Dropbox. I'm a user, like yourself, and a moderator here on the forums. No one here can handle account or billing related matters. They don't have access to your account information like Support does. You need to contact Support via the link I provided.

manrich
New member | Level 2

Hello

I'm being charged for dropbox but i'm on basic - how do I cancel & get a refund?

Thank you

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @manrich, I'll be more than happy to help!

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kim28
New member | Level 2

Ticket #24028509

Hi i want to request a refund from automatic paid for the dropbox, i already unsubscribed to the plan and my account is reset to basic plan and wanted to use the free trial only, i don't how but it still charge me for a year plan payment

i really needed the money, is there any chance i can get my money back? 

Mark
Super User II

@Kim28 wrote:

Ticket #24028509

i really needed the money, is there any chance i can get my money back? 

You need to do what has already been stated. Dropbox only refunds where only legally required and it cannot be done that here as its an account issue. You need to contact Support using the information already posted above.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Zaina New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Kim28 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?