cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've sent a letter to Dropbox to cancel my subscription, but I'm still being billed.

I've sent a letter to Dropbox to cancel my subscription, but I'm still being billed.

SouthernPearl87
New member | Level 2

For over a year, I have tried to cancel the subscription of a former colleague who had my credit card on file for their individual account.  Unfortunately, their work email account has been closed, so we can't access their Dropbox and email accounts. As noted on Dropbox's website, I completed a Dropbox template letter and mailed it to their CA location noted on the form in September 2023. No response or confirmation of receipt. I was just charged again this year. I mailed another Dropbox template letter last week (this time with tracking). How can I confirm that they are processing this request? How long does it take? @dropbox @DBXCommunity 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@SouthernPearl87 wrote:

I was just charged again this year.

You can just contact Support directly and they'll cancel the subscription for you.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Where is asks for the Email address associated with the account, make sure you enter your email address (or one you have access to), so you can receive replies to the ticket. Further down the form in the Other details section you can enter the email address that was associated with the Dropbox account.

Billing Ticket.gif

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?