cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been charged by Dropbox and can't change the card that's being charged

I've been charged by Dropbox and can't change the card that's being charged

scxgf
New member | Level 2

Same problem that everyone else has. There is no person to speak to or even a bot to answer my simple billing question. I have not changed my credit card for 5 years with Dropbox. I cannot find a person to respond to my questions either through chat, email, or phone call. SO effing FRUSTRTATING. i ONlY need to update my address and my credit card info and the help center is worthless!!!! Did I buy this 5 years ago from the app? I don't effing know! Did I buy it from a retailer or 3rd party? Maybe if I had a receipt or could FIND a receipt I could tell you. But that SIMPLE information is hidden too!!!! I DO know that I need to change the credit card and address you just charged me, but that simple issue is too hard for these geniuses to figure out.  My Credit Card was charged DIRECTLY from Dropbox. So you have my credit card SOMEWHERE. I just need to update it, so you STOP charging the wrong card! I am not even asking for a refund back to the card and then for them to charge my correct card, which would be SUPERIOR Customer Service! I just need to update the Credit  Card info!!!! Someone help! Now I have to spend the rest of my time posting this diatribe on every chat platform and tech website I can find until another Frustrated CUSTOMER has to help me before the non-existent Dropbox customer help gets born!

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@scxgf wrote:

... I need to change the credit card and address you just charged me ... My Credit Card was charged DIRECTLY from Dropbox.

You can easily update your billing information through the Dropbox website. If you started your subscription through the app on a mobile device, you'll need to update the billing information through that device's app store (i.e. Apple App Store or Google Play).

If you visit your Plan page and it says you're on the Basic plan, then the account you're signed in to is NOT the account that you're being charged for. If that's the case, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're paying for. You can then sign in to that account and update the billing information.

Maybe if I had a receipt or could FIND a receipt I could tell you.

You can find receipts for your payments on your Billing page. Again, if your account shows as Basic, you need to first sign in to the correct account.

There is no person to speak to or even a bot to answer my simple billing question.

If you're unable to resolve the issue with this information, then you can contact Dropbox Support directly for assistance. To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

scxgf
New member | Level 2

Since I have spent the last hour on here looking for billing questions help, I have discovered that my 2 GB Plan the BASIC Plan is FREE!!!!! I have had this account for over 5 years, since 2014 I think, I have paid $100 to 120 every year for 2 GB of Storage and in all that time I have used LESS than 4 MB. Less than FOUR MEGABITES!!!! I have been paying $1,200 to store almost nothing and you effers can't even help me to change my effing credit card that you will  charge NEXT year??? I need 10 years of refund for being charged for a FREE Service!!!!

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox can only charge you IF you put the card information in. It cannot just steal your payment info. 

You need to log out of the free account and in to the paid one you set up instead: https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    scxgf New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?