cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for Dropbox Plus, but my account is still Basic. I contacted Dropbox, but no response.

I paid for Dropbox Plus, but my account is still Basic. I contacted Dropbox, but no response.

ElleBelle1
Explorer | Level 3

Upgraded my Basic Dropbox account to Dropbox Plus a while ago but still only have 2GB of memory.  My original Basic Account is affiliated with another email address but that should not matter.  Have tried repeatedly to engage with Dropbox but to no avail.  They do not respond. 

7 Replies 7

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ElleBelle1, and thanks for your post. 

To clarify, are you logged in to the Dropbox account that should have been upgraded at the moment? 

If not, are you having any trouble accessing it? 

Did you upgrade your account directly via www.dropbox.com or iTunes/Google Play? 

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ElleBelle1
Explorer | Level 3

Nancy,

I have two email addresses. One, which I rarely use, is affiliated with a basic account and contains some photos. 
My other email address (gmail) is affiliated with my Apple profile and this is where the monthly payments for a Plus Account are charged. I have tried using this gmail address to create and log into an account using forgot my password, but to no avail.  The gmail account does not seem to have an account affiliated with it, notwithstanding the fact that I have been paying for a Plus Account for years. I have proof of this. 
Very frustrating and quite unfair given that no one cares to address this issue at Dropbox or Apple. 
I appreciate an assistance you can provide. 
‘I can send you both email addresses privately if you provide a secure email address. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ElleBelle1, I hope it's okay for me to jump in here.

Can you please clarify if you used your Apple ID to purchase your Dropbox subscription?

If you did, that means that you purchased your plan, while logged in to your Dropbox account on the Dropbox app on your iOS device.

Do you still have the Dropbox app installed on that device?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

ElleBelle1
Explorer | Level 3

Hannah ~ 

too Much time has lapsed for me to remember how I purchased my Dropbox Plus Account. I can tell you that I am charged every single month for a service I do not receive.

Regretfully, I just attempted to sign into my Dropbox App using my Apple ID and I was just charged an additional $18.00 to my credit card and my account is still basic!

what is going on?

is there a person I can speak to to clarify all of this? Please!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ElleBelle1, let's try one more thing, please.

Since you're using an iOS device, can you open the Dropbox app, tap on 'Account', then on the gear icon and then on 'Restore purchase', to see if that helps?

If it doesn't, let me know and I'll be happy to send an email in order for us to have a closer look into this. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

ElleBelle1
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your response. Regretfully, your suggestion has not worked. The response I received is “Unable to Restore Purchases ~ The operation couldn’t be completed”. 
Looking forward to your suggestion in helping to resolve this. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @ElleBelle1. It looks like this will need to be checked by our support team indeed, since we don’t have account visibility here on the forum. 

Have you attempted to log any tickets with our team at this point, and if yes, can you send me your ticket number here perhaps?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    ElleBelle1 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?