cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have received a fraudulent charge from Dropbox. Can someone contact me?

I have received a fraudulent charge from Dropbox. Can someone contact me?

Riy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,
There has been an fraudulent charge on my debit card. I did not do it at all and even i am not the part of trial pack. I have the transaction id but i am unable to contact to anyone. Can someone from dropbox team contact me?

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Riy! Thanks for posting this on the Community. 

The charges that you see in your bank statement, they don’t mention anything about iTunes/Google Play, correct? 

If not, we can log a ticket for you to this email address and look into this further. 

In the meantime, you can also contact your bank to make sure your payment info hasn't been used for any other services by a third party.

Give me a nudge when you’ve got more info.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Riy
Explorer | Level 4
Yes, that is correct

Mark
Super User II

@Riy wrote:

Hi there,
There has been an fraudulent charge on my debit card. I did not do it at all and even i am not the part of trial pack. I have the transaction id but i am unable to contact to anyone. Can someone from dropbox team contact me?

You need to contact your credit card company if you did not give your details to Dropbox. Your card has been compromised and they need to sort it to stop more. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Riy, contacting your bank is super important, if you never gave your billing info to Dropbox.

And if you'd also like to look into this with our support team, you can contact them directly, by following these steps:

1. Open a private browsing/incognito window and go to this page.
  2. In the "I want to look up information related to" section, choose "other" and type in an email address you can access.
  3. Fill out the rest of the form.
  4. Click "submit".

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

New member | Level 2
Me too. This is insanity. I need my money back to feed my kids this week.
Need more support?