cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to speak to Dropbox staff

I have an unknown charge for a Dropbox subscription. How can I cancel it?

bacchaegrl
New member | Level 2

Hello, I am being billed for a dropbox subscription and I cannot tell where it is coming from.  There is no record within dropbox that I have paid anything since this summer. I am still getting 21 dollars pulled out of my account monthly.  The withdrawal says it's coming from dropbox, yet it does not provide an alphanumeric code that this website seems to intent on me producing.  Who is scamming me here?  Dropbox?  My bank?  Someone else?

Jennae

19 Replies 19

Bluegum
New member | Level 2
Anyone have an email address or phone number to talk to a Dropbox person please?
Being charged $19/month and my Dropbox is saying out of space. Infuriating.

Rich
Super User II

@Bluegum wrote:
Anyone have an email address or phone number to talk to a Dropbox person please?

Phone support is available via a callback if you have a Dropbox Business account. All others can find the support options available to them on the Support page.

Being charged $19/month and my Dropbox is saying out of space. Infuriating.

Check your Plan page to see what plan it says your on. If it shows as Basic, then you're being charged for a different account from the one you're signed in to. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the actual account you're being billed for.

WB001
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same problem.  Dropbot says to contact the BillingTeam but impossible to see how to do that on the web site.

LJ90064
New member | Level 2

I am a free user. People send me stuff from their Dropbox account. I use another service. 

Suddenly I got billed on a credit card for November 2022 and now I see a billing for December 2022 with an additional foreign transaction fee of $.35.  I never signed up and do not want to sign up and do not want to pay anything. but cannot find anywhere to call to get the billing stopped, terminated refunded.

Any help out there?

Rich
Super User II

@LJ90064 wrote:

Suddenly I got billed on a credit card for November 2022 and now I see a billing for December 2022 with an additional foreign transaction fee of $.35.  I never signed up ...

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

LJ90064
New member | Level 2

Thank you Rich,  Gosh looked all over the account site for this information

Thanks for your guidance. I used it and have asked Dropbox for an explanation.

Lrdglover
New member | Level 2
Anyone know how to communicate directly with Dropbox regarding errors in auto payments

Rich
Super User II

@Lrdglover  wrote:
Anyone know how to communicate directly with Dropbox regarding errors in auto payments

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

toddj37
Explorer | Level 3

I have a recent charge on my credit card for $119.88.  My account indicates I have a basic/free plan.  I do not recall signing up for a Drop Box Plus plan that would result in a charge.  I've tried looking up the transaction using the look up tool with the transaction number but that doesn't work.  Is there someone I can speak to in order to figure out what's going on and get a refund? 

Rich
Super User II

@toddj37 wrote:

I have a recent charge on my credit card for $119.88.  My account indicates I have a basic/free plan.  I do not recall signing up for a Drop Box Plus plan that would result in a charge.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Need more support?