cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got billed for a Plus account, but I'm on Basic

I got billed for a Plus account, but I'm on Basic

RicWhite
New member | Level 2

I received an email from Dropbox on March 14 telling me that I would be charged to renew my Dropbox Plus.  

I haven't had a Dropbox Plus in years so I clicked the link and it went to my Dropbox Basic (the free one with 2GB).  

I deleted the email thinking it was a mistake on their part.

I discovered today that they charged my credit card.  I logged back into my account and it still shows that I have a free account.

I tried reaching a human but to no avail.

This is theft!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@RicWhite wrote:

I discovered today that they charged my credit card.  I logged back into my account and it still shows that I have a free account.

Either you have a second account or someone else has used your card. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account. If it's your own, sign in to the account to cancel the subscription. If it's not yours, contact Support directly.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?