cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unable to cancel my account

I don't see any option to cancel my plan on the "Manage account" page.

Nathalie Peach
Explorer | Level 3

hi 

I'm really upset I am trying to cancel my subscription and there is no option for me to do so. The steps recommended say to go on manage account and then click on the delete button but there is no button. I've tried for 1h yesterday and got no where. I don't know if it's because the system is pushing me to upgrade my plan but there is no way I can simply cancel this.

I never wanted the subscription, I had to access a document and used the free trial and then forgot to cancel it so I am now stuck with a monthly bill without an option to cancel. 

Help appreciated. 

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Nathalie Peach wrote:

I am trying to cancel my subscription and there is no option for me to do so. The steps recommended say to go on manage account and then click on the delete button ...

To be clear, are you trying to cancel a paid subscription or are you trying to delete your account?

If you're trying to delete your account, the option to do so is at the bottom of your Account page. If you're trying to cancel a subscription and you're not seeing the option to do so, then you're likely signed in to an account that doesn't have a subscription.

Take a look at your Plan page and see what plan it says you're on. If it says Basic, then you're signed in to an account that's on a free plan so there's no subscription to cancel. If that's the case, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you're actually being charged for, then sign in to that account to cancel the subscription.

Nathalie Peach
Explorer | Level 3

hi Rich,

I am on a basic plan however last week I have been charged an amount that appeared as a monthly fee, this is why I was concerned that a free trial automatically became a paid subscription which I do not wish to have. I have stopped the automated payment from my bank account but I'm not sure this is enough and will pose an issue with dropbox. I cannot see a transaction number so can't use the credit card charge tool. 

Thanks for your help

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @Nathalie Peach ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We would like to take a closer look into this for you.

Can we reach out to you via the email associated with your account?

Once you get back to us, we will take you to ticket.

Need more support?