cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am being charged but my account is on the free, Basic plan

I am being charged but my account is on the free, Basic plan

LarryLawrence
New member | Level 2

Hi - I cannot find any support help so trying here. I am being charged monthly but my Acct shows as a free plan (Dropbox Basic Free 2 GB of storage to help you store and share files.) No

The charges are directly linked to Dropbox in my CC statement but the look up a credit or debit card purchase by statement ID returns no results.

It was also not purchased thru Google or iTunes.

Any thoughts on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@LarryLawrence wrote:

I cannot find any support help so trying here. I am being charged monthly but my Acct shows as a free plan ... the look up ... returns no results.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?