cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I cancel my paid subscription without access to the email?

How do I cancel my paid subscription without access to the email?

joeynpage
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Dropbox Community,

I cannot cancel my subscription. Therefore I had to create another free account to get help. Unfortunately with the free account I only have access to the chatbot and forums. I can also enter the invoice information and pull my old work email confirming I am being charged.

Situation: I paid for Dropbox at my previous company (it was great) using a work email. I no longer work there. I have been charged for the past 8 months for a subscription I no longer need/have no access to.

Problem: I no longer have access to that email. When I try to use that email and password (the one I think it was) to login, it tries to have me sign up again. I keep getting monthly charges for which I have the invoice numbers, card on file and the previous work email. It is a bit frustrating that I can't chat with a live person or even use a virtual chat with a human. All of the resources for support require me to have an account or pay for better support services. I dont want to have to pay with a new account (or even start a 30 day trial) just to cancel another account.

Question: How do I cancel my paid subscription without access to the email? I have card on file info, invoice numbers, email (no longer exists) on file for the account. 

I am beyong thankful for any help at all team!

12 Replies 12

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @joeynpage , welcome to our Community!

I'd be happy to help, however in order to do this, I'd need some sensitive billing info.

I think it'd be a better idea to reach out via email, don't you think?

Let me know, and I'll open a ticket on my end for you! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

joeynpage
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan!

You are a life saver 🙂

My email is [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

I really appreciate your help!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

I just sent you an email @joeynpage, I'll see you there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Danika
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan, I hope you are well. 

We are experiencing a similar issue. A previous employee signed up to Dropbox using the company Credit card but the account is no longer in use. The email address that was used to sign up is no longer active and we can not login to the Dropbox account to cancel the subscription. Could you please assist with logging a ticket for this? I have tried everything and would like to stop the charges urgently. Please let me know how I can send you my email address. Your help is truly appreciated! 

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @Danika ,

It would be necessary to have the billing information in order to assist you. 

Can we reach out to you via the email associated with your account?

Then a ticket can be opened.

Danika
New member | Level 2

Hi Pedro, 

Thank you for your response. 

The email address associated with the account is no longer active. However, I can provide you with all other bililng information. 

My email:[removed as per Community guidelines]

Thank you so much 

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Reached out to you via email and I will follow up with you there, Danika. 

joeynpage
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Pedro. I also gave Megan the same info.

marshall621
New member | Level 2

I'm having a similar problem. Can someone help me? The e-mail with my account doesn't exist, but I keep getting billed. I can give my billing my info. Please contact me at [removed per Community Guidelines]

Need more support?