cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I cancel my subscription and get a refund for it?

How can I cancel my subscription and get a refund for it?

Jennychni_5891
New member | Level 2

Hi I am Jenn, 

I could not turn off the subscription and did not get to check my email to read the reminder in time. I have stopped using Dropbox near to a year, I still have files in my Dropbox but I'm not using the service at all for a long time (no uploading/download). Last year the subscription accidentally went through, I tried convince myself to try to use. But it is quite a hassle to use Dropbox as whenever I log in, it always prompting me to upgrade the plan! I have signed up but it keep prompt me to sign up something. I tried to close or stop the auto subscription but I could not find the way to do so. 

I was charged again on the annual fee of Basic Plus on my credit card on 23/7/24, which I realized only I read my text message from the bank. I am not using Dropbox or any kind of drive right now as my company offered shared drive. Appreciate if anyone can assist me on this subscription & refund. I am not going to use Dropbox anymore, and stop all subscription and delete my account. For a service I am not using at all, I was eventually charged twice on auto payment from my credit card. I wish someone could help me on the recent billing, thank you & appreciate it. 

Card type: VISA ending on [...]
Receipt ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]
Transaction ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]
Billing: USD214.92

Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jennychni_5891! I hope you’re doing well. 

Since this is related to a billing request, it’d be better to have our support team look into this directly. 

To do this, you can go to this page and select your preferred contact option (based on your current plan), in order to reach them. Please send me your ticket number here afterwards, as well. 

Let me know how it goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

swigyfood
Helpful | Level 5

I was charged for the Dropbox Basic Plus annual fee on 23/7/24 despite not using the service for nearly a year and facing issues with stopping the auto-subscription. I request assistance in canceling my subscription, getting a refund, and deleting my account. Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @swigyfood! Did you upgrade your Dropbox account directly via our website, or your iTunes/Google Play account? 

Let me know and we’ll go from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

swigyfood
Helpful | Level 5

Hello @Nancy Yes I upgraded my Dropbox account directly via the website.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying, @swigyfood. In this case, I’d suggest following these exact steps to open a ticket with our support team. They’ll look into this and further assist.

Feel free to send me your ticket number here, as well.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Clara22
New member | Level 2

Hi Nancy,

you ask to follow a page without any human behind.

I have same problem: I have a ticket which I cancelled my suscribed and still DropBox take my money on my account.

I can't find any place to contact them and ask a refund.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my english 😉

Mark
Super User II

@Clara22 wrote:

I have same problem: I have a ticket which I cancelled my suscribed and still DropBox take my money on my account.

What is the ticket number?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Clara22! If you follow the steps I linked here while NOT being logged in to any Dropbox account, your case should be handled by one of our agents directly. 

I was able to locate your ticket in our system in the meantime and I can see a member of our support team has replied back to you. Please check their response, when you get the chance.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?