cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel and get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@CR05, sorry for jumping in, too. 

Can you please check your email address's inbox/spam folder once again, and let me know if you can see a ticket number there perhaps?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CR05
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Nancy, 
Thank you above comment, 
I have completed searching before and after I joined here no success. Email address [removed] and [removed] please track it. It is unfair that very quick to deduct the funds however, very poor of customer service. $184.67 deducted on 12th of June 2023 at 1pm. Receipt X6qt48c73wp6. I'm sure this enough info to trace. Thank you

[email addresses removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@CR05 wrote:

Receipt X6qt48c73wp6. I'm sure this enough info to trace

No one here has access to your account like that. Only Support is able to assist in these matters. If you haven't already done so, follow the steps I replied with earlier to open a ticket, then reply back here with that ticket number.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @CR05, what Rich mentioned is true, so try to reach out to our support team, the way he suggested.

Let us know if you have any issues with that.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SD6
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi I have a free plan but good old DROPBOX charged me ANYWAY!

I spent an hour on all of the search help stuff and NOTHING!!

Weeks ago I spoke to someone (can't remember even how I got and answer  who said I deserved a refund but since then NOTHING!!!

Where do I report this FRAUD????

Richard32
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue.  Money taken when I only have a Basic account.

SD6
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The Customer Service here is ZERO. Is this another company who takes your info, charges you and then refuses you help? Honestly I thought Dropbox was better that that. I have had no response yet. All I can do it keep posting here I guess since they don't offer any direct help.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you did NOT give Dropbox your card details then you need to speak to your card company as somebody has defrauded you. 

If you DID then you have set up a paid account OR a free trial you've not cancelled in time. Dropbox DOES NOT need a card number for a free account and only gets one when somebody actively inputs it. 

Support is available at www.dropbox.com/support and also see https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Blake23
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So a couple of weeks ago I made a dropbox account on a FREE TRIAL so I could transfer over some files but now it has taken £199 out from my account at a time where I can’t spare a penny. I’ve been taken aback by the limited avenues of rectifying a human error and hope that you will acknowledge and co-operate in resolving this issue.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi

Like most things when you set the free trial up you are told it'll convert to a paid one after the trial ends (you are also emailed this quite a few times before charging). Therefore if you do not cancel in time you pay. 

All I can suggest doing is contacting Dropbox via www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help, however, note that refunds are only issued where legally required: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JohanVenter Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?