cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel and get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Rval
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, please contact me [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Rval
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I’ll also need your help to permanently delete the account associated with the nonexistent email account. Looking forward to your email.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Rval, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

clairethayers
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

i have just had nearly £200 taken via paypal for something i have NEVER requested - HELP why have they done this!!!!!! So cross...

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@clairethayers wrote:

i have just had nearly £200 taken via paypal for something i have NEVER requested - HELP why have they done this!!!!!! So cross...

Did you give Dropbox your PayPal details? If so then they have got permission to do it - you gave them it. If they didnt then your PayPal account has been compromised and you need to speak to PayPal for support. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

PARK79
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I was horrified when I saw a charge for $312.48 on my credit card statement this month in March. Has this ever happened to anyone before. I want to request a refund but I don’t see any phone number or any way to do that. Could somebody help me with advice on how to reverse this charge? I already have a free account, so I’m not sure how this happened.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PARK79 wrote:
I was horrified when I saw a charge for $312.48 on my credit card statement this month in March. ... I already have a free account, so I’m not sure how this happened.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

a2riles
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My mother is 84 years old and I found an annual charge for Dropbox on her credit card account. She does not even know what Dropbox is. I cancelled the subscription online but would like a refund of the annual subscription amount. There is no phone number to call for customer support. I can chat during your chat function hours of M-F. I tried to email customer support but nothing happens when I submit my email request. It doesn't go through. Help! How can we speak with someone!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi

You need to contact Dropbox support and ask for a refund. You can get the info via https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

Note that they may not do a refund as the terms do state its only where legally obligated to, but, they'll be best placed to discuss it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay Nazar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have absolutely no memory of starting a Drop Box subscription. Specially given that I would notice paying $119 for something I never use. I’m super frustrated with being charged yesterday with no warning for an account I never use and didn’t even remember opening (at least not a paid account). Not only that but it seems a lot of people have the same issue here and it’s super hard to get any kind of help. Please someone reach out to me ASAP. The money in my account was for my rent and now my rent going to be late.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JohanVenter Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?