cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel and get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

cjourne1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I subscribed to the free trial two years ago and have been getting charged by this merchant ever since. I filed a support ticket but would like to speak with someone because I have never used the Dropbox sign product since the free trial.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cjourne1 wrote:

I subscribed to the free trial two years ago and have been getting charged by this merchant ever since. I filed a support ticket but would like to speak with someone because I have never used the Dropbox sign product since the free trial.

Did you cancel the trial before it ended? If not, it automatically converts to a paid subscription. You can likely cancel the subscription, but it's doubtful that you'll be able to receive a refund.

vikas_
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HI

I recently got charged for upgradation of Dropbox Professional!. Though I had no intention to purchase. 

I doing my fellowship training in singapore which is self funded, so for last one year i am not earning

I couldn't get any means of contacting drop box for refund of payment

It sincerely request to drop box to cancel my subsription and refund my money

Email account - [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@vikas_ wrote:

I recently got charged for upgradation of Dropbox Professional!. Though I had no intention to purchase. 

You can try contacting Support, though in most cases, subscriptions are non-refundable.

warren green
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Nancy

Can a support ticket assist with this? I have tried some of the other suggestions such as logging into Dropbox from another browser and couldn't find the  Billing/Disputes on the support page. I disputed the transaction with the bank on 30.01.23 and they require more information before they will liaise with the merchant's bank.

• A statement that I received a notice of cancellation via one of the following means: Email, Merchant Website Message/Live Chat Session, Form, Letter, SMS or Fax. Of which I have received nothing.
  • Copies of all correspondence with the Merchant and any additional supporting documents.

All I have are copies of the conversations from the Dropbox Community. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Warren green, I just sent you an email.

I'll see you there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EmilyBeck
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was charged $31 after an initial billing period I thought was just a free plan. I can't get any phone number or process to request a refund and cancellation. Anybody else have this issue? It's maddening.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@EmilyBeck wrote:

I was charged $31 after an initial billing period I thought was just a free plan. I can't get any phone number or process to request a refund and cancellation.

You're told before starting the trial that it will automatically convert to a paid plan if you don't cancel before the trial ends. You can try contacting Support, but in most cases, subscriptions are non-refundable.

seriouslymadatbutterflies
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a charge once amonth for approx $17 or so dollars.  I first noticed this a year or so ago and thought i had dealt with it.  Over and over again, once a month, this charge.  I can't figure out how to get through to dropbox to cancel.  I have a basic plan with no billing information listed whatsoever.

I have tried to look up the charges using the tool but it keeps giving me the same error message saying "enter expiration date".

I have no idea how long back these charges go but I need a refund for ALL OF THEM.  I am so furious right now about this.  You're charging me when I have not asked to pay for anything and not given my credit info.

My email is [email removed as per Community Guidelines] and I need this cleared up immediately.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @seriouslymadatbutterflies, rest assured that I am here to help! 

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. Reply back to me, and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JohanVenter Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?