cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Deduction on my PayPal Account (needs refund)

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@k3u_alex wrote:

Yes! The ticket number is Ticket #22585628 and I spoke to them on the 25th of August

Ok, so it's only been three business days then (Mon, Tues, Wed). I'd give it until the end of the week and then follow up again.

Neil1234
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi - I have signed into my account and it is not showing up - so someone else is using my credit card?? I cannot tell who?

Regards Neil -

JaneS22222222
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please can Dropbox contact me - I need a refund.  I don't recall agreeing to this payment and I really can't afford it. 😞

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JaneS22222222 wrote:

I need a refund.  I don't recall agreeing to this payment and I really can't afford it. 😞

Did you perhaps start a trial of Dropbox Plus and not cancel it before the trial ended? If so, you agreed to the payment by starting the trial.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

zosea
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got automatically deducted an amount of $19.99 USD on my PayPal account. I have no idea why because I didn't subscribe to any Dropbox upgrades. I also checked my account and I do not have any current subscription. I want to have it refunded ASAP!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @zosea, thanks for posting here. 

Do you have any other email addresses that could be linked to a separate Dropbox account? It sounds like you’re being charged for a different one, from what you mention. 

Can I reach out to you to this email address, to look into this further?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Art teacher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I signed up for a trial for my art class students and I canceled it before the trial ended. I have a photo of the chat showing that it was canceled before the end date. Dropbox charged me $119.88 and I have tried every avenue to reach them. I cannot find a phone number or any address to send written correspondence. This has caused issues with an account that I have had for over 20 years. I am going to put this situation on every social media platform that I can find until someone contacts me about returning my money. I am asking anyone with similar issues to contact me so we can start a suit against this company.

Art teacher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I canceled a trial and have proof in my phone with a screenshot  but dropbox still took money from my account. $119.88 and my account is now closed. I can't reach anyone for help and I have been fighting this since May!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

We're sorry to hear this, @Art teacher.

Since you’ve already contacted our support team, can you send us the ticket number from your convo with them?

Was the Dropbox account that you mention upgraded to a trial directly via www.dropbox.com, or the App Store/Play Store on your mobile device?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Art teacher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

There is no ticket number but I have 3 screenshots showing the conversation where I asked TWO TIMES to cancel my trial so I would NOT be charged! It has the date and time stamped at the bottom of each photo!

Need more support?